This article is about Karita in Dawnstar. For the pilgrim found on the way to High Hrothgar, see Karita (warrior).
|Sells||See Windpeak Inn|
|Buys||Innkeeper (Food, Raw Food)|
|Faction(s)||BardSingerFaction; BardSingerNoAutostart; CrimeFactionPale; DawnstarWindpeakInnFaction; JobBardFaction; TownDawnstarFaction|
Karita is a Nord bard who works at the Windpeak Inn in Dawnstar. She is the daughter of innkeeper Thoring. Her mother died two years ago and she is deeply concerned about her father being left a widower, working around the clock without ever going out. Karita occasionally sings for the regulars, as her mother was a graduate of the Bards College in Solitude and taught her all her songs. According to Thoring, she has 'her mother's voice'.
When you pass by her:
- "I envy you travelers. Dreams aren't affecting anyone not from here."
- "The Windpeak Inn features the finest bard in all of Dawnstar. Me."
- "Sorry if my father seems a bit distracted. A lot's happened."
- "Let me know if you need a drink. That's what we're here for."
If spoken to she can be asked a few questions:
- What do you do around here?
- "I'm a bard, trained at the Bards College in Solitude. Wanderers like you should think about applying."
- Where'd you learn to play?
- "My mother taught me. She was a Bard, from the college in Solitude. I hear they accept most people who apply, if you're ever interested."
- Do you work here all day?
- "Yes. Ever since mother died a few winters ago. I play songs and help with the drinks when I have the time."
- "Whatever you do, stay away from that Black Door. Being near it chills you to the bones."
If you have, however, she will instead say:
- "I've heard that shadowy figures are being seen coming in and out of the Black Door. Gods help us."
Rise in the EastEdit
Karita: "You beasts are the worst."
Stig: "Come now, dearie, surely we aren't all that bad."
Karita: "Just... leave me alone! I've brought your mead, now drink it and shut your filthy mouths."
Alding: "Oh, we've got other things in mind for our mouths, sweetie."
Karita regularly talks to Frida and her father at the inn:
Frida: "Dawnstar has always held its own against the bandits and wild animals of the Pale."
Karita: "Did you ever have to fight off bandits, Frida? Like in your stories?"
Frida: "Why, I once fought alongside your father when we were both younger. Saved him from getting his fool head sliced off."
Karita: "Who were you fighting against?"
Frida: "Oh, dearie, it was so long ago. But I do remember the celebration we had afterwards. Mead never tasted so good."
Frida: "Did I ever tell you about the day when Skald the Elder was Skald the Younger?"
Karita: "I can't imagine Skald ever being young."
Frida: "Oh, he was young, and handsome. I had half a mind to go after him, myself, before I met my husband."
Karita: "Frida, you aren't saying...."
Frida: "I was a beauty in my day, dearie. Don't act so surprised."
Karita: "Father do you want to talk? About Mother?"
Thoring: "No, Karita. I don't think I could."
Karita: "I'm sure she would want you to be happy, father. Entertaining the guests and drinking and making your lewd jokes like before."
Thoring: "I'm sorry. I just don't feel up to entertaining anyone just now."
Karita: "I was wondering, father. Maybe you should take a day off and head into town. I could watch the inn while you're away."
Thoring: "Why would I do that? There's work to be done here."
Karita: "It'll do you good! Maybe you could visit Irgnir or Fruki on your way out? I've seen them looking at you when they come in for drinks...."
Thoring: "Why would they be looking at me? Are they upset about the service?"
Karita: "Oh, never mind."
- She is referred to as Kera by game data.