Morrowind:Writ for Dram Bero< Morrowind: Quests: Morag Tong / Vivec City
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
Walkthrough: not written
Objectives: written by already written not checked
- Talk to any of the Morag Tong Masters at the guildhalls for a new writ.
- Go to Vivec, St. Olms Canton to execute Dram Bero.
- Find Bero in the bottom of the Haunted Manor on the Plaza and kill him.
- Return to any of the Masters to complete the quest.
Once Dagoth Ur is dead, you've been named Grandmaster of the Guild and have completed the Writ for Mathyn Bemis, Navil/Ranes Ienith, and Brilnosu Llarys quests, return to any of the Masters to receive the writ for Dram Bero.
If you're a member of House Hlaalu, you may have already found and met with this council member, found in the bottom of the Haunted Manor on the Plaza of St. Olms Canton in Vivec.
Return to any quest giver for your 3,000 gold reward.
- Once you kill Bero, you'll receive a message about breaking the link of prophecy, but this doesn't matter since you've already finished the Main Quest.
- If you have already killed Bero, the disposition adjustment is reduced from +20 to +5.
- In the vanilla version of Morrowind, this writ can only be obtained if you did not start the Writ for Navil and Ranes Ienith and Writ for Brilnosu Llarys quests. This is fixed in the GotY version.
- Be sure to finish the Vassir-Didanat Ebony Mine quest before killing him.
- According to the dialogue information in the editor, the dialogue topic entry that gives you the writ is in the incorrect order, resulting in you always receiving the We have no Writs of execution at this time, Grandmaster response. Fortunately you can still perform the quests by either killing the target without the writ or by asking the Morag Tong quest giver directly about the person.
- This bug is fixed by the Morrowind Patch Project.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Writ for Dram Bero (MT_WritBero)|
|Index||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||I have been given a Writ for the honorable execution of Dram Bero who lives somewhere here in Vivec.|
|80||Dram Bero has been slain according to the traditional and honorable doctrine of the Morag Tong. The execution was reported as a crime.|
|90||Dram Bero has been slain according to the traditional and honorable doctrine of the Morag Tong. None dared to report my actions.|
|100||I reported the honorable execution of Dram Bero.|
|110||I reported the honorable execution of Dram Bero.|