Morrowind:Writ for Navil and Ranes Ienith< Morrowind: Quests: Morag Tong / Ascadian Isles
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
Walkthrough: not written
Objectives: written by already written not checked
- Talk to any of the Morag Tong Masters at the guildhalls for a new writ.
- Go to the Dren Plantation to execute Ranes and Navil Ienith.
- Find the brothers in the basement of the Villa and kill them.
- Return to any of the Masters to complete the quest.
Any of the Morag Tong Masters at the guildhalls will give you a writ for Ranes and Navil Ienith, who can be found in the Dren Plantation.
Both brothers can be found in the basement of the Dren Plantation Villa, behind two locked doors (Ranes doesn't exist until you attack Navil or Galos Farethi and will appear behind you once you do). Be careful, these two are powerful and can be a tough fight, especially with their paralyzing daggers.
Return to a quest giver to receive 2,000 gold for the writ.
- This quest is basically identical to the Thieves Guild quest to kill these two Camonna Tong brothers, so you might have already completed it. If you have already done so, the Master will accept the quest as complete; however he will be upset because you have killed them dishonorably without a writ (although all that happens is you lose the 2,000 gold reward). However, the Thieves Guild will not care if they are already dead. So if you plan to work for both factions, it is better to do the Morag Tong quest first. You could also do both at the same time.
- If your execution is reported as a crime, you will get 5 pts less Disposition increase.
- If the brothers are already dead when you get this contract, your disposition with the quest giver drops ten points.
- If you talk with Galos Farethi or Orvas Dren after killing the two brothers (and before completing the quest) they will be angry for the death of their comrades and will attack you. Galos Farethi is not needed for any quest, but you will obviously be unable to negotiate with Orvas Dren to complete his related quests - either for becoming the leader of House Hlaalu, or being recognized as their Hortator in the Main Quest. So, instead, you will have to kill him. As it turns out, killing Orvas is a viable alternative solution for both quests, since it breaks the link between the Camonna Tong and House Hlaalu so they can no longer oppose you within the House.
- Killing both the brothers sometimes will not complete the quest when you talk to the Morag Tong guild members.
- In the GotY version, killing Navil first gets the journal entry "Ranes Ienith has been slain..." and killing Ranes gets the "Navil Ienith has been slain..." entry.
- The console command:
Journal MT_WritNavil, 100should allow you to finish the quest successfully. ** The bug may also be avoided if you kill Ranes (the brother with the paralyzing daggers) first and then Navil.
- The console command:
- In the vanilla version of Morrowind, you can't accept Writ for Dram Bero if you accept this quest first. This is fixed in the GotY edition.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Writ for Navil and Ranes Ienith (MT_WritNavil)|
|Index||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||I have been given a Writ for the honorable execution of Navil Ienith and Ranes Ienith. They may be found on the Dren Plantation which is east of Pelagiad or west of Suran.|
|75||Ranes Ienith has been slain according to the traditional and honorable doctrine of the Morag Tong. The execution was reported as a crime.|
|80||Navil Ienith has been slain according to the traditional and honorable doctrine of the Morag Tong. The execution was reported as a crime.|
|85||Ranes Ienith has been slain according to the traditional and honorable doctrine of the Morag Tong. None dared to report my actions.|
|90||Navil Ienith has been slain according to the traditional and honorable doctrine of the Morag Tong. None dared to report my actions.|
|100||I reported the honorable execution of Navil and Ranes Ienith.|
|110||I reported the honorable execution of Navil and Ranes Ienith.|
|Prev: Writ for Mathyn Bemis and
Writ for Brilnosu Llarys
|Up: Morag Tong Quests||Next: Eno Hlaalu's Quests|