|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
Quests: written by JNic and Aegithalos
Services: written by Aegithalos
Personal Inventory: written by Aegithalos
House Contents: written by Maroonroar (none), checked by Aegithalos (none)
Unique Dialogue: written by Aegithalos
|Raven Omayn (raven omayn)|
|Home City||Sadrith Mora|
|Location||Telvanni Council House|
|Faction(s)||House Telvanni (Mouth)|
Raven Omayn is a Dark Elf sorceress who can be found at the Telvanni Council House in Sadrith Mora. She is the Mouth for Mistress Dratha of House Telvanni.
Raven wears an extravagant robe, a pair of extravagant shoes and a ring of ice storm. Furthermore, she carries a dire sparkblade and up to one hundred drakes on her person. In addition to her natural resistance to fire and the sanctuary provided by her ancestors, Raven knows the following spells: Dire Weakness to Poison, Dire Weakness to Magicka, Dire Weakness to Frost, Dire Weakness to Fire, Viperbolt, Poisonbloom, Deadly Poison, Shockbloom, Distracting Touch, Wearying Touch, Sleep and Summon Least Bonewalker. She offers no services.
- Muck: Retrieve five pieces of Muck for some potion making.
- Black Jinx: Find a magical ring somewhere in Sadrith Mora.
- Recruit a Mouth: Recruit a mouth in order to be promoted to Councilor.
- Zainab Nerevarine: Travel to the Zainab camp in order for them to recognize you as the Nerevarine.
- Telvanni Hortator: Persuade House Telvanni to name you their Hortator.
- Murder Rimintil: Kill a troublesome Altmer for Mouth Raven Omayn in Sadrith Mora.
- Blood for Mistress Dratha: Steal a potion of Quarra blood for Mouth Raven Omayn in Sadrith Mora.
- "I am Raven Omayn, Mouth of Mistress Dratha."
- Mistress Dratha
- "She is my patron, and I am her Mouth on the council. If you have personal business with her, you may find her in Tel Mora."
- "I have no other chores for you. Check with the other Mouths. You may also speak with my patron, Mistress Dratha, but be warned that she does not like men."
- "I have no other chores for you. Check with my patron, Mistress Dratha, or with the other Mouths."
For your first chore, Raven will have you collect some muck for Dratha's alchemist:
- "Daynali Dren, Mistress Dratha's Alchemist, needs five portions of muck."
- "Yes, I am looking for five portions of muck. Many alchemists sell it and you can gather it yourself from muckspunge. Once you have five portions of muck, bring them to me."
Bringing up the subject of muck again before you actually obtain the five portions is ill-advised, as you will be forced to pick one of two answers that will both prompt Raven's disposition towards you to decrease with five points:
- "Do you have the muck?"
- "Do you have the five portions of muck?"
- Yes, here they are.
- "Do not try my patience with lies and stories, %PCName. Bring me five portions of muck."
- No, not yet.
- "Then go get them."
If you return to her with at least five portions of muck in your inventory and tell her that you have them, her disposition towards you will increase with ten points and you will get a chance to learn a spell from her:
- [5 Muck has been removed from your inventory] "Good. Here, take these hundred drakes for your trouble. I already have enough gravedust and green lichen to finish these potions of cure disease. It would be so much easier if everyone could cure themselves...You CAN do that, can't you?"
- Yes, of course.
- "Good. Perhaps you are not totally hopeless. If you do not want any more chores, go about your business."
- No. Could you teach me?
- "Oh, very well. [Raven instructs you in the spell.] There. Now if you do not wish for more chores, go about your business."
For the second and last chore that she has to offer to you, Raven will want you to find an enchanted ring for her patron:
- "Mistress Dratha wants a ring known as the Black Jinx."
- Black Jinx
- "Mistress Dratha has always had an interest in this ring. She believes the ring is now here in Sadrith Mora. Acquire this ring and deliver it to me."
As with the previous quest, it is best not to mention the ring again before you actually find it, as you will be forced to answer a question that will lead to a disposition hit of five points regardless of the option that you pick:
- "Did you find the Black Jinx?"
- Black Jinx
- "Have you found the Ring of the Black Jinx?"
- Yes, here it is.
- "Why should I believe you if you won't show me the ring? Bring the ring to me or stop wasting my time."
- No, not yet.
- "Then keep trying. Surely someone here in Sadrith Mora has heard of it."
When you have found the ring and offer it to her, her disposition towards you will increase with ten points and she will offer to teach you two spells:
- [Black Jinx has been removed from your inventory] "Yes, this is it. Mistress Dratha will appreciate this. The ring can instill fear in others. I know a spell or two that are not as powerful as this ring, but I will teach them to you if you wish to learn."
- Yes, teach me the spells.
- "Very well. [Raven teaches you how to demoralize your opponents.] If you want more chores, speak with the other Mouths."
- "If you want more chores, speak with the other mouths."
Recruit a MouthEdit
Although Raven does not play a major role in this quest, she can point you towards a potential candidate if you ask her about the topic "Mouth":
- "There is a Telvanni in Balmora who is ready for the rank of Mouth, but the other Councilors believe that he is not trustworthy. His calls himself Fast Eddie."
As is the case with more members of House Telvanni, you can ask Raven about her opinion on the topic "Telvanni bride", which prompts her to give you the following urgent warning:
- Telvanni bride
- "I have some advice for you. Do not even think of bringing this subject up with Mistress Dratha. I don't believe I can put this strongly enough. Do. Not."
Although it is not strictly necessary to speak with Raven in order to complete this quest, she can give you some valuable advice on obtaining Mistress Dratha's vote:
- Telvanni Hortator
- "That's a title given to a special champion and war leader among the Great Houses. Why?"
- Ask how a Hortator is chosen.
- "All the Telvanni councilors must vote to choose a Hortator, and the vote must be unanimous. It's an old tradition, rarely used -- never in my lifetime. A Hortator's duty is to lead a Great House in war, and we haven't had a war in a very long time."
- Tell your story and ask to be confirmed as Hortator.
- [If you (i.e., the player character) are female.] "Good grief. We've heard talk about a reborn Nerevar for years, and thought it was just Ashlander superstition. And it sounds like a crisis is coming with Dagoth Ur and the Sixth House. You'll have to speak directly to Mistress Dratha about this. She lives in Tel Mora, a tower north along the coast. You should be able to find a ship at the docks to take you there for a pittance."
- [If you are male.] "Good grief. We've heard talk about a reborn Nerevar for years, and thought it was just Ashlander superstition. You'll have to speak directly to Mistress Dratha about this. She lives at Tel Mora, a tower north along the coast. You should be able to find a ship at the docks to take you there for a pittance. And I must warn you. Mistress Dratha doesn't like men. Of any race. I suggest you do everything possible to improve her disposition before talking to her."
Regardless of whether you are a member of House Telvanni, Raven will have some tasks for you if you are a vampire:
- "Ahhh...one of the dark ones. You are an interesting lot. Mistress Dratha has a task for you. She would like the Altmer named Rimintil eliminated."
- "Yes, he poses a problem for Mistress Dratha. That is not your concern. Your people reek of death; it is only fitting we use your penchant for bringing it upon others to our own ends. You will find him in the Central Tower of Tel Vos. Dispose of him and return to me."
If you Rimintil is already dead when you first discuss this topic with her, Raven will say the following:
- [Flamemirror Robe has been added to your inventory.] "You have already killed him. That is good. Your kind has its uses. There are many of us who would like to learn more about your...inner workings, but that is unimportant now. You have done well. Take this for your own use. I think your kind will find it valuable. There is one thing further Mistress Dratha requires from you: the Quarra Blood Potion."
Otherwise, you will have to return to her after killing Rimintil to finish the quest and to receive your reward:
- "Have you taken care of Rimintil, vampire?"
- [Flamemirror Robe has been added to your inventory.] "I understand you've taken care of the troublesome Rimintil. Your kind does have its uses. There are many of us who would like to learn more about your...inner workings, but that is unimportant now. You have done well. Take this for your own use. I think your kind will find it valuable. There is one thing further Mistress Dratha requires from you: the Quarra Blood Potion."
Mentioning the late Altmer's name to Raven after the quest has been completed evokes the following reaction:
- "It is good he is dead. Mistress Dratha is pleased."
Blood for Mistress DrathaEdit
After you have completed the first task that Raven has for you as a vampire, you are free to accept the second and final one that she may offer to you:
- Quarra Blood Potion
- "Mistress Dratha believes that the study of the Blood of the Quarra Ancients could lead to a greater understanding of the abilities your kind possesses. It is important for her to obtain it. If her information is correct, the potion will be found close to Volrina Quarra, in her clan's lair in Druscashti. If it is not, only your kind might know where it resides now. Return it to me, vampire."
As with the previous quest, Raven has some special dialogue if you already meet the requirements to finish the task when she first gives it to you:
- Quarra Blood Potion
- [Blood of the Quarra Masters has been removed from your inventory. Flawed Dwemer Jinksword has been added to your inventory.] "You already have the Blood, vampire? An interesting coincidence. Mistress Dratha will be pleased to have it in her possession. As a reward for your effort, I have something your kind might be able to use. During an enchanting experiment, I created this Jinksword. It is strong and sharp, but the enchantment did not go as planned. I believe one of your ilk might find it valuable, though, as you seem to have a natural resistance to the spell in question."
Else, return to her after you have fetched the Blood for her in order to complete the quest and to claim your reward:
- "Have you retrieved the Quarra Blood Potion yet?"
- Quarra Blood Potion
- [Blood of the Quarra Masters has been removed from your inventory. Flawed Dwemer Jinksword has been added to your inventory.] "You have the Blood. Well done, vampire. Perhaps your kind can be trained after all. As a reward for your effort, I have something your kind might be able to use. During an enchanting experiment, I created this Jinksword. It is strong and sharp, but the enchantment did not go as planned. I believe one of your ilk might find it valuable, though, as you seem to have a natural resistance to the spell in question."
If you mention the potion again after you have given it to her, Raven will say the following:
- "Mistress Dratha has no more words for you."
- Quarra Blood Potion
- "Mistress Dratha will be pleased to be able to study the Blood."