Iron Atronachs (sometimes called Earth Atronachs) are a type of Elemental Daedra. They are towering behemoths composed of solid and molten iron and usually take a roughly humanoid form. Iron Atronachs come from an unnamed volcanic realm of Oblivion, an impossibly dense molten hellscape that produces them in abundance. Iron Atronach names usually appear with the Daedric clan name "Mynar".
Iron Atronachs have a relentless appetite for destruction and are often found in the Deadlands, the volcanic realm of Mehrunes Dagon, the Prince of Destruction. They attack using their brute strength and the molten heat of their bodies. Some Iron Atronachs possess a magical aura that damages anyone who dares to get too close . Electricity-based spells do not damage Iron Atronachs, but heal them instead. They can be harmed by any type of weapon.
Few mortal conjurers dare to summon Iron Atronachs to Tamriel, despite them making powerful servants. Those that do sometimes end up dead. Some mages, not satisfied with simply summoning Iron Atronachs, weave powerful Illusion spells to assume the shape of an Iron Atronach. The Undaunted were known to use Iron Atronach-styled weapons and armor.
Sufficiently powerful mages can bend summoned Iron Atronachs into the form of mounts. The magic-wielding knights of Zenithar's Crucible are known to charge into battle atop Iron Atronach Horses; it is said no force can stand against such a charge. The first Iron Atronach Senche was summoned by Maalanrie Direnni of Clan Direnni when she was restrained by bandits. The mage Tarvyn Othren was the first to summon an Iron Atronach Guar, which resulted in the deaths of his companions.
Aer, the Conjurer Magnificent, summoned the first Iron Atronach Bear in 1E 2150; the calling-ritual for summoning Iron Bears is known to be far easier than most, due to the lumbering form of a bear perfectly matching the temperament of an Iron Atronach. The famous Redguard conjurer Rozaba af-Nizhadal, was known to ride Iron Atronach Camels across the deserts of Hammerfell. She referred to these creatures as "glass-treaders", as the atronach's scorching feet left behind glass tracks wherever she rode.
- Black Forge Iron Senches are a unique form of Iron Atronach Senche. They are formed from ebony-alloy iron and soul-searing blue light, and were created at the same forges that created the Dark Anchors used by Molag Bal during his attempted Planemeld. They are named for the Black Forge, a facility in Coldharbour where the Anchors were created. Although they appear to be freezing cold, they can be comfortably mounted.
- Sunflare Iron Wolves are a unique form of Iron Atronach Wolf. They are summoned in the form of a meteor, which crash lands prior to the atronach taking shape. They possess an intense magical glow, said to resemble the ruby radiance of a sunset. These atronachs possess the ability to summon a storm of meteorites when they howl.
- Viridian Iron Steeds are a unique form of Iron Atronach Horse. Their flames have taken on the green hue of aeonstone during the summoning ritual, either by mistake or intentionally.
Some Iron Atronachs are actually not Daedra at all, but a type of golem which have been artificially constructed and animated by magic. These can be compared to Iron Golems, a similar type of construct.
- Trapped Earth Atronach souls in Daggerfall
- Background Information quest dialogue in Daggerfall
- Iron Atronachs in ESO
- Crown Store Showcase - Iron Atronach Crown Crate Season
- The Iron Atronach oppenent in Legends
- Iron Atronachs in Daggerfall
- Iron Atronach Guar mount in ESO
- Iron Atronach Polymorph description in ESO
- Earthgore style in ESO
- Iron Atronach Horse mount in ESO
- Iron Atronach Senche mount in ESO
- Iron Atronach Bear mount in ESO
- Iron Atronach Camel mount in ESO
- Iron Atronach Wolf mount in ESO
- Black Forge Iron Senche mount in ESO
- Sunflare Iron Wolf mount in ESO
- Viridian Iron Steed mount in ESO
- Daggerfall User's Guide - description of Imps
- Iron Golems in Arena