|Region: Felsaad Coast|
Skaal Village is home to the Skaal, a nature-worshipping tribe of Nords. The village is located in the Felsaad Coast region of Solstheim, north of the Mead Hall of Thirsk, and is the northernmost settlement in Tamriel. It consists of small, sturdy wooden dwellings, arranged around a central Greathall which hosts feasts and other gatherings. Clad in traditional Nordic mail armor, Skaal Honor Guards protect the village from intruders, man and beast alike. At first, the villagers of Skaal are not very friendly to outsiders, but they are more welcoming once they accept you.
The Skaal have a rich and colorful culture with ritualistic hunts and bonds with nature; mythical beasts like the Spirit Bear and Karstaag are part of the lore here. Hunting is the main source of income for most, as the Horkers on the northern coast and nearby Lake Fjalding are a relative easy and lucrative prey. More adventurous Skaal hunters go after the elusive snow wolf or snow bear, whose pelts are valued highly among them.
Skaal Village is also home to the shaman of the tribe, who leads them in matters of ritual and spirituality.
Getting There and AroundEdit
Travel to the Skaal Village is restricted mainly to walking and swimming. The surrounding terrain is difficult and Blizzards often drop visibility to a few feet. Since there are no Tribunal Temples or Imperial Cult shrines in the region, the only magical transportation (or teleportation) is restricted to mark and recall spells. As there are no ports that have been built (mainly due to the weather), there is no travel by boat. Divine Intervention from here takes you to Fort Frostmoth, Almsivi Intervention to Gnisis.
Places of Interest Around Skaal VillageEdit
The cave called Skygge can be found to the northwest, and Rimhull to the southwest is another cave with a surprising second exit. The Beast Stone lies due south, while Frossel, Sjobal and the Tombs of Skaalara are all found to the east.
- The Disappearance of Captain Carius: The fort has been attacked and the Captain is missing.
- The Skaal Test of Loyalty: You must complete a ritual for the Skaal in order to gain their trust.
- The Skaal Test of Wisdom: Investigate a possible theft of furs within the Skaal Village to determine the fate of the accused.
- The Skaal Test of Strength: Prove your strength to the Skaal tribe by investigating the pillar of fire emanating from Lake Fjalding.
- The Siege of the Skaal Village: Defend the town against a vicious attack by werewolves and get infected by one of them.
- The Totem of Claw and Fang: Recover the Totem of Claw and Fang for the Skaal.
- The Ristaag: Perform this Skaal ceremony by hunting the great Spirit Bear.
- The Castle Karstaag: Investigate the ominous signs which have foretold the Bloodmoon Prophecy by investigating Castle Karstaag.
|Bronrod the Roarer||Nord||Healer Service||Skaal||35||184||134||0||30||Other||Spell Merchant; Merchant|
|Hagrad the Stone||Nord||Barbarian||Skaal||40||295||122||0||30||Outside|
|Snedbrir the Smith||Nord||Smith||Skaal||50||394||138||90||30||Other||Blacksmith; Merchant|