Hello Ilaro! Welcome to UESPWiki. It's always good to have new members. If you would like to help improve any of our pages, you may want to take a look at the following links:
- Policies and Guidelines: UESPWiki standards and expectations
- Quick Editing Guide: a quick guide to wiki markup
- Getting Started: how you can help
If you, on the other hand, would like to spice up your userpage, take a look at this link:
- Userboxes: near complete list of userboxes, including a guide to make your own
When you're editing, it's always a good idea to leave edit summaries to explain the changes you have made to a particular page, and remember to sign your talk page posts with four tildes ~~~~. Also, the "show preview" button is a great way to view the changes you've made so far without actually saving the page (our patrollers really appreciate it!).
You have been given a cookie!
Your dedication and diligence to the wiki has not gone unnoticed. A user has seen the progress you've made, and has given you a cookie because of it. Good work! The user had the following to say:
Hey Ilaro, I'm posting to let you know you qualify for Userpatroller status. Userpatroller is the first step towards becoming more involved with the UESP, let's you add its neat userbox to your page, and will give you additional benefits on Discord. If you're interested, just add your name to that page under applicants. --AKB Talk Cont Mail 19:34, 6 July 2017 (UTC)
Dialogue vs Audio
Hey Ilaro. I noticed you were changing Dialogue to Audio on a few Legends pages. From what I can tell, most of the older work (here for example) use dialogue as opposed to audio. Around Heroes of Skyrim time, a few of the newer contributions to the namespace began to use Audio from what I'm seeing. To me, Dialogue has the advantage of being more consistent with other namespaces, where we always title such sections "Dialogue" or "Quest-Related Dialogue". It doesn't matter a whole lot to me, but it's probably best to straighten this out sooner rather than later. Forfeit (talk) 18:14, 20 August 2017 (UTC)
- I thought it was changed to Audio, because that way, non-dialogue sounds can be added (or something like that). I remember changing Audio to Dialogue a couple of times, but that got rejected, so I figured that it should be the other way around. It is just that no one wants to take the time to change the older cards to Audio. I think I had a discussion with User:Alarra and User:Dwarfmp about this on the Discord quite some time ago and it was decided to use Audio. --Ilaro (talk) 18:33, 20 August 2017 (UTC)
- Yeah, it looks like I'm behind the curve here and most articles have been changed to Audio. If it has been discussed before, then that is fine and everything should probably be changed to Audio then to avoid further confusion. I guess these short lines are probably more accurately described as Audio as opposed to Dialogue. As you said also, it provides the opportunity to include other sound effects if desired. Apologies for the noise, and keep up the good work! Forfeit (talk) 18:40, 20 August 2017 (UTC)
Per your successful nomination, you are now a patroller! With this comes the ability to patrol edits in a much wider area of the site. Consider reviewing Patrolling Guidelines for how to patrol. You may also now add the User Patroller userbox to your userpage. Congratulations, once again! --AKB Talk Cont Mail 16:22, 24 October 2017 (UTC)
Because of the way Legends:Core Set has been coded, it is trying to pull data from your sandbox and failing. If you are finished with the sandbox can you blank it please. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 02:29, 5 November 2017 (UTC)
- That one is quite important for the time being, but I made some changes that should fix it. Thank you for pointing it out! Please tell me if it is still causing problems somewhere else. --Ilaro (talk) 09:20, 5 November 2017 (UTC)
Just stopped by to say hello and thank for your help with audio for Legends cards. It's sometimes hard for me to understand what they saying. (I never turn off music in games.))) I looked to Legends assets too, and they are huge and messed up, and program is lagging, so I'll never find these files by myself. Semms like I will sometimes add text lines on cards articles, and you will add audio to them after.))
Thank you again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! — Hedera helix (talk) 00:03, 28 December 2017 (UTC)
- I also appreciate your help, because a lot of times I can't understand what they are saying even when I have the audio file. If I did have some more time I would have already converted all text to the audio player, but I actually like to know what they say before I do that, so thank you for the help. And I understand why you can't find the right asset files, because unity is a mess. Those files are all over the place. If you like to know the specific names of the asset files that consist audio/images, I can give them to you.
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too! --Ilaro (talk) 12:31, 28 December 2017 (UTC)
Since you performed the initial revert on that page, are you opposed to me restoring the information that I proposed restoring on the article's talk page? —Fullerton ﴾talk﴿ 00:05, 13 January 2018 (UTC)
- I think you are right, so if you like, you can change it back. But I still prefer the "not rewarded" and "did not manage to log in" over "not given to some players" and "did not manage to receive rewards on", because I can not find any evidence that anyone got them.
- I did really like your additions of the alt art info. However, on Laaneth I am not sure if "Pre-ordering the Clockwork City Triple Bundle" is the official name (I couldn't really find any official name) and I think it should be linking to Return to Clockwork City Pre-Purchase. I won't be available for the next week, so I can not respond back for some time. --Ilaro (talk) 15:53, 13 January 2018 (UTC)
Hey Ilaro, im not really sure where this card art would go File:LG-cardart-Risen_Abomination.png but I noticed it isn't posted anywhere else. I would think it would go here Abomination but apparently it would go instead to some card named the Mecinar's Abomination which apparently is the result of two cards merged together, but that card isn't posted in the site. Zebendal (talk) 04:59, 22 December 2018 (UTC)
- There is no card named "Mecinar's Abomination". Mecinar creates an abomination card by stitching together two different cards which takes the name of one of those, but with the art of File:LG-cardart-Risen_Abomination.png. I think it might be best to move all information about this stitched together card to Abomination, because that's the default if there were no cards available. --Ilaro (talk) 08:12, 22 December 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you! I'll try to make sure to not block myself when fighting vandalism. --Ilaro (talk) 13:09, 31 May 2019 (UTC)