|Borkul the Beast
|Location||Cidhna Mine, then Druadach Redoubt|
|Level||PC×1 (range=10-50)||Class||Orc Warrior|
|Primary Skills||Heavy Armor, One-handed, Archery, Sneak|
|Perks||MS02IncreaseDamage; Reduce Damage|
|Faction(s)||CrimeFactionCidhnaMine; DruadachRedoubtFaction; TownCidhnaMinePrisonerFaction|
Borkul the Beast is an Orc warrior who is found inside Cidhna Mine. He is considered to be the toughest prisoner in the mine and guards the door leading to Forsworn leader Madanach. During No One Escapes Cidhna Mine, you need to convince him to let you pass in order to gain your freedom.
Once outside the city, he will run all the way to Druadach Redoubt where he will start his life anew as part of the Forsworn. He will now spend his time either patrolling the path by the river, or wandering around inside the cave, occasionally eating, relaxing, or sleeping. His only dialogue at this point will be about him naming you as Blood-Kin to the Orcs.
No One Escapes Cidhna MineEdit
When first encountered, he will not leave his spot near the door, though he is quite talkative. When you approach him he will say:
- "The new meat. So soft. Tender. What was it like killing your first one, huh?"
|Exciting. I felt the rush of blood... and smiled.||"A true killer, like me. The gods put us here to fill their halls with souls. You'll fit in fine down here."|
|Horrible. My soul is heavy with guilt.||"Pah. The gods have a place for killers. You can't carry the burden? You're weak."|
|I'm not a murderer.||"Liar."|
You will then get the option to ask him a couple of simple questions:
- What are you in for?
- "Murder. Banditry. Assault. Theft. And lollygagging."
- How long have you been here?
- "Guards brought me in about 12 years ago. Was running a good group of bandits up until then. But these Forsworn. They're nothing like the men I cobbled together. They're real killers."
This conversation will also unlock some new greeting when he sees you:
- "You serve your time by digging. So dig."
- "Prison's not so bad. Less complaints when I kill people."
There will be no further dialogue options until you have spoken to fellow prisoner Uraccen about Madanach.
When you return to Borkul you can ask him to see Madanach:
- I need to see Madanach.
- "You want to talk to the King in Rags? Fine. But first you got to pay the toll. How about you get me a shiv? Not that I need one, but it's nice to have in case I need to do some "shaving." Ha ha."
This opens five different dialogue options, with five different outcomes:
|I don't have a shiv.||"Then find one. That dung heap Grisvar's been known to make a few."||Find a shiv|
|Here's your shiv.||"All right, head on in. But don't try anything in there. Madanach is smarter than you think."||Pass the door|
|Madanach is expecting me. (Persuade)||Passed: "Hmph. Fine. Go on in. But don't try anything in there. Madanach knows more than you think."
Failed: "The only thing Madanach expects is a bottle of Skooma in tribute every so often. You're not getting through."
|Passed: Pass the door
|How about some skooma instead? (Bribe)||Passed: "Ah, now that's a good idea. Head on in. But don't try anything in there. Madanach is smarter than you think."||Passed: Pass the door|
|Let me through, pig-face. (Intimidate)||Passed: "Those eyes. All right, killer, go on through. But don't try anything. Madanach knows more than you think."
Failed: "That's what I was hoping you'd say."
|Passed: Pass the door
Failed: Turn hostile
|How about I fight you for it? (Brawl)||Brawl: (Start a brawl)
|I'll pay the toll later.||"That's right. Turn around and leave."||Nothing|
After he lets you in, he will wait by the door until you prove your loyalty to the King in Rags. When you follow Madanach out to the main chamber, Borkul will stand in the crowd and listen to the speech and shout:
- "The Reach belongs to the Forsworn!"
He will then run through the secret tunnel with the rest of the Forsworn and enter Markarth Ruins, saying nothing except:
- "Get going"
Once outside, he will don a full set of Forsworn Armor and fight for his freedom like everyone else, battling his way through the city towards the gates.
- Borkul may stop fighting his way towards the city gates during his escape, instead standing and uttering threats to no one in particular.
- When you leave the city through the gates, he will exit the city soon after and run to Druadach Redoubt.
- When you try to brawl with Borkul, he may equip his pickaxe during the fight.