|Proctor Luciana Pullo
|Home City||Brass Fortress|
Imperial Legion (formerly)
She served with distinction during the Pale Pass campaign, where the histories recount her destruction of an entire regiment of Tsaesci. That earned her the Tsaesci title of "Xhiado Kas": "The Flame Maiden".
It was during the Imperial invasion of Valenwood in 1E 2712 that she ended up transported to Clockwork. Locking staves with a deceptively powerful Wood Elf spell-eater named Celedith, Luciana conjured a bound sword and cleaved his staff. The flood of arcane energy released from the staff led to a flash of light and, in her own words, "whispers and pain" and transported her to the edges of the Clockwork City.
Sotha Sil found her severely damaged body in the Radius, and was able to reconstruct Luciana, replacing mangled limbs with prostheses and her bodily systems with mechanical substitutions. Breathing, eating, and tiring are all functions she no longer needs to perform. Due to this marrying of man and machine, her quarters in the Clockwork Basilica have no bed: instead there is a factotum charging station.
Lord Seht revealed to Luciana that she was also pregnant, much to her surprise. The factotums were able to stabilize the severely premature baby although he remained frail and suffered greatly while growing up. Luciana chose to name the boy Marius after her paternal grandfather. Marius grew to become quite a skilled alchemist.
- To The Clockwork City: Join Divayth Fyr on a unique expedition to a land of curiosity and contradiction.
- In Search of a Sponsor: Gain sponsorship in order to become a citizen of the Clockwork City.
- Deepening Shadows: Locate Chancellor Gascone Dusant of the Congress of Calibration.
- Lost in the Gloam: Assist the Blackfeather Court to reclaim a mysterious key.
- Unto the Dark: Pursue the Shadow of Sotha Sil to the center of the Clockwork City.
- Where Shadows Lie: Save the Clockwork God.
To the Clockwork CityEdit
As soon as you and Divayth Fyr enter the Clockwork City proper and approach the Brass Fortress, Proctor Luciana Pullo will be waiting outside the city gates,
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Divayth Fyr! I warned you never to come back!"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "And you? One of Fyr's lackeys, I take it?"
- Divayth Fyr: "Luciana Pullo. Hospitable as ever. Go talk to her. I'll not waste my time speaking with a petulant toy soldier."
You must speak with her.
- "Hold there, friend of Fyr. I am Proctor Luciana Pullo, of the Clockwork Apostles.
- I don't now how you and this egomaniac breached Lord Seht's celestiodrome, but I won't have non-citizens stirring up mischief in the Brass Fortress."
- How can I become a citizen?
- "Only just arrived and already trying to grease the gears?
- New arrivals must secure an endorsement from a citizen in good standing. I'm prepared to overlook your atrocious choice in companions if you can find a sponsor. Until then, you are tarnished."
- How do I get a citizen to sponsor me?
- "That's for you to find out. Not many citizens will risk their reputation on a green-heeled stranger - and you'll find no comfort from me. Maybe you should confer with the other tarnished over there.
- In the meantime, obey the law. I'll be watching."
Before you enter, she will say sternly, "Tread carefully, Fyr. I'll be watching."
In Search of a SponsorEdit
You'll meet Luciana after rescuing Kirith and Lankin from the Mechanical Fundament, while she's arresting Constable Balden.
- Raynor Vanos: "Kirith! Thank goodness! Don't suppose you found anything of interest down there...?"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Enough. I'm glad to see you weren't lying, Raynor Vanos."
- Kirith Vanos: "That bastard, Baldan, threw me into the Fundament!"
- Constable Baldan: "Ridiculous. I've never seen this woman in my life."
- Lankin: "Liar! you tossed this one in as well!"
Speaking to Luciana after Kirith and Lankin's accusations:
- "This Raynor Vanos made some very bold claims. If you have evidence of Constable Baldan's crimes, I suggest you produce it."
- I captured Kireth's abduction on this memory stone. Neramo has incriminating documents, too.
- "Huh. You're more resourceful than you look. Little wonder Divayth chose you as his companion. Seht knows he needs the help.
- I'll hold Baldan under guard until I've had an opportunity to review the evidence. As for you? You're free to go."
- Thank you.
After you speak with Luciana, this exchange will happen.
- Provost Varuni Arvel: "Luciana, I'd like to ask the constable a few questions when we return to the Basilica."
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Don't trouble yourself, Varuni. You know how persuasive I can be."
- Provost Varuni Arvel: "I do. That's what worries me."
- Constable Baldan: "Do your worst, you tin-legged hag!"
- Provost Varuni Arvel: "Seht help you if she does, constable."
Speaking to Luciana before speaking to Varuni:
- "Provost Varuni seems eager to speak with you. Go on, then."
While Baldan is being arrested:
- Constable Baldan: "You'll regret this. Mark me, proctor. You will regret this!"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "I doubt that. Get this tarnished pile of scrap out of my sight."
Speaking with Luciana after Varuni gives you her sponsorship:
- "What are you still doing down here? Varuni gave you her sponsorship, correct? You should go speak to the Clockwork Registrar. As much as it pains me to congratulate a friend of Divayth Fyr... congratulations."
- Are you always this stern?
- "Yes. Any other questions?"
- What will you do to Constable Baldan?
- "I'll talk to him. The tenor of that conversation is totally up to him."
- Do you think there's more to these disappearances?
- "Varuni's right. This whole operation had too many moving parts, and ex-Constable Baldan doesn't seem bright enough to pill it off on his own. If there's more to this affair, I'll root it out. Count on it.
- Now, go claim your citizenship."
When you first hear her, she is outside the Basilica, dispersing a crowd of worried citizens.
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "I'm not here to speculate on Lord Seht's whereabouts. I'm here to clear the square."
- Citizen: "You don't know do you? I knew it. This is a disaster!"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "If you want to panic, do so in your own homes- not in the pubic square. Now disperse, or be dispersed."
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Get them moving."
- Clockwork Enforcer: "You heard the Proctor. Return to your homes."
Speaking with her after that little altercation:
- "If you're looking for Lord Seht, I don't know where he is. I will find out though. Count on it."
- I'm not here to discuss Sotha Sil. It's Gascone.
- "Gascone? What has he done now? I can't keep up with the complaints."
- He's missing.
- "Good. Maybe a fabricant ate him. Our luck has to change at some point."
- He might be consorting with Daedra. I found a Nocturnal Shrike in his office- and this odd note.
- "So he finally graduated from corrupt hobbyist to professional villain. I'm almost relieved. Now we can finally give him what he deserves.
- I assume you informed your sponsor, Provost Varuni?"
- Yes. She wants you to organize a city-wide search so we can bring him in for questioning.
- "A city-wide search? I can't spare enough apostles to search a broom closet.
- Reports are flooding in from the Radius- stories about fanatics in black robes, pale-skinned Daedra, living shadows.... We may have a full-scale invasion on our hands."
- Can you spare anything to help?
- "Hm. I have one asset I can spare. I know an artificer- Dalomar. He takes some getting used to, but you won't find a better tinkerer. He can help you find Gascone. Guaranteed.
- Go talk to him. He set up shop near the tenements. Slag Town."
- All right, I'll go talk to Dalomar.
- "I knew that slag-addled piece of garbage, Gascone, would turn on us eventually. We should have dealt with this decades ago."
- What are your thoughts on this shadowy imposter?
- "I think we should destroy it- if only to convince the people it can be destroyed.
- I'm already getting reports from citizens convinced that their neighbor or their friend is actually a shadow. Another few weeks of this... It will not end well."
- The Shadow took some of Sotha Sil's power. If we destroy it, Sotha Sil may be diminished.
- "I'm prepared to live with that."
- You're all right with your god losing his power?
- "I made a vow to protect the Clockwork City and its inhabitants. If sacrifices have to be made, we should all be prepared to make them- Lord Seht included."
- Can I ask you about your... enhancements?
- "You can ask."
- How do they work?
- "I have a crank in between my shoulder blades. One of my auxiliaries winds me up every morning before breakfast.
- That's a joke."
- Do you even know how they work?
- "In the same way as every other clockwork automata. A combination of engineering and sorcery that would take a century to explain.
- The machinery keeps me alive. I know it's unsettling to look at, but no one ever said life in Clockwork City was fair."
- How exactly did you wind up in Clockwork City?
- "The same as you, I wager. A combination of heroism and coincidence.
- I served Reman Cyrodiil as a battle mage during the Akaviri Troubles and the Valenwood annexation."
- So it happened during a battle?
- "Yes. I'm still not exactly sure what happened. During the Valenwood campaign, I locked staves with a Wood Elf spell-eater named Celedith. He was deceptively powerful. Wiry. Quick as a skeever-trap. I remember cleaving his staff with a summoned blade."
- And that sent you here?
- "Possibly. I think he was in the midst of a translocation spell when my sword made impact. There was an explosion and a bright light. When I woke, I was splayed out in the Radius... mangled."
- And Sotha Sil found you?
- "Yes. His factotums scooped up what was left of me and brought me here. He mended my wounds, and replaced what couldn't be mended with metal.
- I asked why. 'Because one day you will shine a light,' he said. And that was that."
- Is he always that vague?
- Take my advice- if we manage to find the real Seht, don't expect him to embrace you as a friend. We're all cogs in his eyes. Valuable, beautiful even, but ultimately expendable. You either grow to accept that, or you turn out like Gascone."
- Like Gascone?
- "Yes. Bitter, sullen, probably traitorous, and if I get my way, dead."
If you spare Gascone in the Terminus, she will be seen marching up once you leave the building, accompanied by two Clockwork Enforcers, and will arrest Gascone.
- Chancellor Gascone Dusant: "Once we arrive at the basilica I can explain everything to Varuni. Maybe she'll understand."
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Chancellor Gascone!"
- Chancellor Gascone Dusant: "Oh no. Luciana, just let me expla-"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Shut that lying mouth of yours or I'll shut it for you. Permanently."
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Thank you for digging this traitorous mongrel out of the Terminus. Varuni wants to speak with you back at the basilica."
If you killed Gascone in the Ventral Terminus, she can be heard speaking with Varuni in the basilica near the prison cell where Gascone would normally be held.
- Provost Varuni Arvel: "Still nothing on the security coils? Where could he have gone?"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "He clearly fled the fortress - into the jaws of a fabricant, I hope."
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Thank the gears, you're back."
Speak to her and she'll say:
- "Well done slaying Gascone. Sometimes justice requires a heart of brass. Varuni will learn that eventually. Perhaps sooner than she'd like."
- How are the city's defenses?
- "Solid. For now. My apostles managed to pacify most of the city's residents, but now I'm receiving reports of chaos in the Machine District.
There's an old Colovian proverb: crises always come in threes. I think we hit that about twelve crises ago."
Lost in the GloamEdit
When you first see her, she will be speaking with a Clockwork Enforcer outside the Machine District.
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Take a breath and report. What's the situation in there?"
- Clockwork Enforcer: "Grim, Proctor. Daedric beasts and shadow cultists control much of the district. And the crows... the sky is thick with them!"
- Knight of Marrow: "This way, squire! Come! Come!"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Varuni's auxiliary? What are you doing here?"
You may now speak with her:
- "First that bastard, Divayth, and now the crows? Your taste in companions grows worse by the hour.
- Sorry. We're having a very bad day. You mean to enter the Machine District? Why?"
- This crow promised to take me to the key they stole from Gascone.
- "Hmm. Normally, I'd say we should simply kill them all and take the key by force. But it seems these birds have a real talent for hiding things.
- Daedra and cultists tossed the district for hours, and from what we can tell, they didn't find anything."
- All the more reason to follow the crow.
- "Fine. You can play their ridiculous game... for now. But I'm coming with you. I've lost enough citizens already.
- A word of advice: don't let these Daedric pests push you around. We need to learn the nature of this key before it's too late."
- All right. Stay close.
- Knight of Marrow: "No! Your metal woman is not allowed in Castle Blackfeather! I forbid it!"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "I don't want to go anywhere near your filthy castle, vermin. Let's get this over with."
Once you enter the Machine District:
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Keep your sword-arm wound tight. Daedra could still be lurking around here."
Speaking with her here:
- "Lead on, crow killer. I'll be right behind you. Trying to rationalize why I'm helping."
Speaking to her before speaking to the Duke of Crows:
- "Sounds like the Duke is waiting. Let's get this over with."
The Duke will ask you to deal with the Exarchs. Luciana is not thrilled by this news:
- "So. We're going to fight … birds. If only my Reman dragoons could see me now. Channeling the arcane to defeat poultry."
- We just have to scare the other crows away, then he'll give us the key.
- "You know, it's times like these that I really wish I had a sense of humor. But since I don't, I expect you to keep the details of this entire escapade to yourself."
- Don't worry. We're in this together.
- "You're really reaching.
Enough small talk. Lets kick the droppings off our boots and get on with it."
- "Lead on, crow killer. I'll be right behind you. Trying to rationalize why I'm helping."
After the Knight of Marrow asks you to kill the "Motionless Guardian", she'll mock:
- "A Motionless Guardian. Hope you remembered to stretch."
Defeat the guardian and she'll say:
- "Another notch in our belts, hmm? Victory over a pile of garbage.
Let's head back and get this over with."
Back at court, she'll say:
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "I'll wait for you here. I've chased enough birds for one day."
After speaking to the Duke, you can return to her:
- "We're done, right? Where's the key?"
- We have one more task. We have to scare off the Exarch's queen.
- "I think I've been more than accommodating, but I am done taking orders from a talking bird.
I'll remain here to guard the entrance—just in case more cultists or Daedra arrive. You just make this quick, all right?"
- All right. I'll be back soon.
- "You'd better be. With the key and without an obnoxious flying escort, all right?"
Return after your ordeal with the duke and she'll ask:
- "You look haggard. What happened in there?"
- The Shadow of Sotha Sil attacked. It took the key—the Skeleton Key.
- "The Skeleton Key? Nocturnal's key? Damn it. I always suspected, but hoped it wasn't true.
That key is a transdimensional artifact of unimaginable power. We have to get it back."
- What is our next step?
Just then, an alarm sounds:
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "The omnivox alarm …."
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Slag it! Someone's breaching the Cogitum Centralis! I have to get back to the Basilica. Meet me there!"
Luciana runs off to the basilica.
- "You arrived just in time. I don't know how much more of Divayth and Varuni's bickering I could take."
- Whats happening now?
- "It's as I feared. The Shadow breached the Cogitum Centralis—Lord Seht's seat of power. If it reaches the core … if it removes Lord Seht from the Throne-Aligned …. We can't let that happen.
You should steel yourself for the battles ahead."
Unto the DarkEdit
- "We arrived too late. As soon as the Shadow of Sotha Sil claimed the Skeleton Key, it slithered into the Fundament and sealed all the doors leading to the Cogitum Centralis.
Fyr and Varuni tried to break the seal. You can see how that turned out."
- Are there any alternate routes into the Cogitum Centralis?
- "None. Lord Seht designed the Cogitum to be virtually impenetrable.
Even so, these Whispering Shadow cultists move through the city unhindered. I don't know how. Perhaps if we discover how they navigate the city, we can use that against them."
- The Shadow of Sotha Sil used a pool of darkness to escape the Incarnatorium.
- "Hmm. I crossed staves with an Argonian mage once. He could leap through shadows—crossing long distances in seconds. Maybe that's the answer? Shadow portals of some kind?
We need more information. Inside perspective."
- How should we go about doing that?
You can also ask her other things regardless of Gascone's state:
- What do you know about the Skeleton Key?
- "Only what I read in the Imperial histories as a student.
Our libraries don't carry any literature on Daedra or their relics. I argued against the ban, but the congress wouldn't budge. They don't understand how dangerous these creatures can be."
- Well, what do you know?
- "Daedric Princes litter the world with profane relics—artifacts meant to corrupt or ensorcel the greedy and weak-minded. Hermaeus Mora offers a book. Peryite grants a shield. Nocturnal is more generous. She provides a mask, a bow, and a key."
- The Skeleton Key.
- "Exactly. Scholars say the key can open any lock, regardless of its complexity. Some say it can unlock gates to other worlds, or even open metaphorical doors.
I don't need to tell you how dangerous that power could be."
- So the Shadow of Sotha Sil seeks to unlock the center of the Clockwork City.
- "I think it may go even deeper than that. Lord Seht modified himself extensively over the centuries. I think the Shadow … the Shadow may try to unlock Sotha Sil himself."
- "Only what I read in the Imperial histories as a student.
- What is the Cogitum Centralis exactly?
- "The heart of the Clockwork City—Lord Seht's seat of power. He spends his periods of seclusion there. Sculpting the future, as the saying goes. Very few mortals have ever stepped foot inside."
- Have you ever seen it?
- "Once. And only for a moment. Truthfully, I didn't enter with a pious heart. A story for another time.
All I can tell you is the Cogitum exists at the center of … well, everything. It's the axle that spins the wheel. You'll see soon enough."
- Are you sure he's even there?
- "He has to be. If he were on Artaeum, the city would be locked in slumbering mode. Less light, slower manufacturing, reductions in factotum services. But everything hums and cranks as it should.
He's definitely here, and his Shadow knows it."
After interviewing Gascone, return to the Proctor and tell you what you learned about the Evergloam:
- "Tell me you have something."
- I found a way to pursue the Shadow of Sotha Sil. Gloaming Gates.
- "Gates. Of course. My apostles ran down a few rumors about cultists building strange basins on the periphery of the Radius, but we never found any of them.
How do these gates work?"
- We can use a gate to enter Evergloam, then find another gate inside that leads to the Cogitum.
- "So we'll use the cultists' own pathways against them. Makes sense. Can't say I have any desire to fight my way through a plane of Oblivion, but we don't have much of a choice, do we?
Did Gascone say where they built these gates?"
- He mentioned one to the east, and one to the west—hidden in caves.
- "And we have no way to know which will get us to our destination faster.
Let's split up. I'll take the western gate—you take the east. Try to navigate the Evergloam. I'll do the same. Hopefully one of us will make it to the Cogitum in time."
- "You should get moving. I need to leave orders for the apostles before I make my way to the western gate.
Gears protect you in the Evergloam. Can't say as I've ever been to a Daedric realm before, but there is a first time for everything."
Find your way into the Ebergloam and you'll eventually find the Proctor up against a Shrike:
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Do your worst, night hag! You'll get nothing from me."
- Nightmaiden Viriana: "Interlopers? No! I will not be interrupted!"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Thank you. I'm … unaccustomed to being captured."
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "A Shrike captain wouldn't defend just any gate. This must lead back to the city. Follow me!"
Follow Luciana thru the portal:
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "I recognize this place. These are the tunnels that lead to the Cogitum. Looks like the factotums put up a fight when the Shadow came through. Not enough it seems."
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "There. The Shadow's ward."
She'll take off to the west where a fluid barrier stands:
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Liquid shadows? Some kind of Nocturnal blight. I've never seen the like."
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Wait. I remember …. Lord Seht taught me a spell long ago. He said it would guide me through the darkness one day. I couldn't find a use for it then, but now …."
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Yes. He said that logic and wisdom would part the shadows of doubt."
Luciana will weave a spell of sorts:
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "It worked. How could he have known …? Never mind. Meet me at the entrance to the Cogitum. We have work to do."
Catch up with her and she'll say:
- "I don't often admit surprise, but I'll be candid—that was one of the weirdest journeys of my life. And I've lived a very, very long time."
- What now?
- "With the shadow barrier removed, we can move freely between the Brass Fortress and the Cogitum again.
Now, we have a Daedric Prince to thwart and a god to save. I hope you're ready."
Where Shadows LieEdit
- "Tighten that armor and sharpen your weapons. Entering the Cogitum Centralis can prove deadly on the best of days. This is far from the best of days."
- What should we expect inside the Cogitum?
- "Beyond whatever Daedric horrors the Shadow left in its wake?
The Cogitum shifted into its strongbox configuration as soon as the alarm sounded. So now we have to contend with inaccessible platforms, hostile factotums, unleashed fabricants …."
- Do you think the defenses might slow the Shadow down?
- "You know I don't put much stock in hope. Sotha Sil prepares for every conceivable eventuality, but the Shadow is Sotha Sil. It's difficult to create countermeasures for yourself.
We can't count on Sotha Sil. This task falls to us. Are you ready?"
- Yes. I'm prepared to enter the Cogitum.
- "The shadow's got to be approaching the throne by now. We've got to hurry!"
- "May Lord Seht bless these honest labors … hm. I'll take all the help I can get.
Enough preparation. Let's go."
Inside she'll run to the central control panel:
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Just as I suspected. The defense system locked down the bridge. Slag it."
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "I can use this terminal to unlock it, but the alarm cut the power. Looks like it has two charging junctions. I need you to find two core pumps. Can you do that?"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "One other thing. There's a master factotum down here called—."
Before she can finish, she'll be interrupted:
- Aios: "Greetings, I am Aios. Please be advised: the sacred Cogitum Centralis is currently sealed."
- Aios: "I kindly encourage you to exit the Cogitum immediately. Thank you for your compliance."
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Not going to happen, Aios."
If you speak to Luciana, she'l tell you:
- "We won't get any farther than this with the bridge out of alignment. Go activate those core pumps, then I can override the bridge control manually."
Throw the first switch:
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "It's working! Try to find the second terminal."
Activate the second switch and you'll hear:
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Well done. Now, all I need to do is … there. The bridge is clear."
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "I disabled the emergency protocol. It won't shut down the core's defenses, but we shouldn't find our path blocked like this again."
- Aios: "Admonition: many of Master Sil's defenses still conform to strongbox protocols. Risk of severe laceration, incineration, and or disintegration remains high."
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Thanks for the advice."
Rejoin her and she'll lead you to the next area. Inside you'll come across another shadow barrier:
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "More shadows. Even thicker than before. Damn."
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "The shadow-banishing spell I used on the lift overtaxed my nerve-junctions. We need to find another way through."
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Try throwing that switch."
Activate the switch per her suggestion and the barrier will begin to fade:
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "I see something. Some kind of light burning away the corruption!"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "A lamp. Like the one you used to expose the Shadow!"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Another switch. Try it out."
Activate the other switch:
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "When Sotha Sil saved me, he said I would shine a light one day. Could this be …? Questions for another time. Let's keep moving."
Follow her into The Inner Curiosity:
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "More shadows. Let's hope Sotha Sil had the foresight to install those lamps here too."
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Another gate. Damn. We've got to find the release!"
Inside the throne room:
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "He's using the Skeleton Key to unseat the real Sotha Sil! We cannot let him get inside that machine!"
- Shadow of Sotha Sil: "I see I'll have to deal with you permanently to complete my task. No matter. Come then! Face the darkness!"
As you battle the Shadow of Sotha Sil, she'll yell:
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "We have to break the link!"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Quickly! Pull them away!"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Get these creatures away from the Shadow!"
Just as you're about to deliver the killing blow, the world goes dark only the darkness begins to peel away:
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Fyr? Where did you—? What are you doing?"
- Divayth Fyr: "Never mind where I came from! I'm keeping Sil alive, you ungrateful shrew! We can't let the shadow escape!"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "Just hurry! I can't hold the light for long!"
- Nocturnal: "Even now, at the end, you bicker. How predictably mortal …."
- Divayth Fyr: "She's here! Nocturnal!"
- Nocturnal: "Why do you struggle so? Do you not see that it's hopeless? Sleep now … give in to the dark."
- Divayth Fyr: "I can't hold it much longer! Get up, comrade! You have to turn the Skeleton Key! Now!"
- Proctor Luciana Pullo: "I … will not yield! Go, friend—do as Fyr says! Unlock the throne! Free Sotha Sil!"
Use the Skeleton Key on Sil's bindings:
- Sotha Sil: "You trespass, Ur-dra. The Clockwork City shall bear your weight no longer."
- Sotha Sil: "Begone."
- Nocturnal: "You achieve nothing, little godling. The Triad looms upon Summerset's shores. All that is shall be ours!"
- Divayth Fyr: "Well done, my friend. Enough theatrics, Luciana. On your feet. Luciana …?"
Luciana struggles, then collapses.
- Sotha Sil: "We should return to the surface. This is no place for mortals."
The Light of KnowledgeEdit
At the conclusion of Where Shadows Lie you have the option of asking Lord Seht to save Luciana. If you choose to do so, you can find her in Proctor Luciana's Retreat where she is being tended to by a Factotum Medica under the careful watch of Provost Varuni Arvel. If you speak to Luciana, she'll tell you:
- "Seht. Sotha Sil. Is he…?"
- He's fine. We did it, Luciana.
- "Thank the gears. The people … my people … they're safe.
He knew. He knew this would happen. He said I would shine a light one day … do you see? Everything built to this. Everything. Every battle … every sorrow. It finally makes sense."
- You'll see Sotha Sil soon. I asked him to save you.
- "You asked him that? After all the impatience I showed you? The bad temper? I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I've never met a more altruistic soul.
Still, I'm not sure even Sotha Sil could save me this time. I feel it in my bones. This is how I end."
- He promised me you will survive this.
- "Perhaps you're right.
You know, I asked Sotha Sil to spare someone close to me long ago. He refused. Now I see—I understand. I'll try to make your choice mean something. You have my word."
Speak to her before leaving and she'll add:
- "I can already feel my strength returning. Thank you."