- 1 Craftable Styles
- 2 Outfit Styles
- 3 Dropped Style Pieces
- 4 Motif Costumes
- 5 Unobtainable Styles
- 6 Datamined Styles
- 7 See Also
There are numerous styles available to wear in Elder Scrolls Online. Most of these styles are craftable and can be learned with the appropriate crafting motifs, skills and ingredients. Others exist purely as visual changes whereby they overlay their design over your existing equipment via the Outfit System or costumes. Other styles exist in the game, but are limited, unavailable or yet to be released. This page serves as an outline of these.
Weapons and Armor can be crafted in a variety of styles. Crafting an item in a specific style requires a secondary ingredient. Each character starts with the ability to create items in their own racial style, and other styles may be learned from special consumable books called motifs. These books along with secondary ingredients may be randomly found in containers (other than crates and barrels) throughout the world. The first fourteen motif listed below can be found throughout the world regardless of zone. As of Update 17, it will be possible to change items to style of any learned style type.
Besides that, secondary ingredients may be obtained when deconstructing an item of the respective style, and the ingredients for the ten basic racial styles are sold by vendors at crafting stations. Crafting hirelings for Blacksmithing, Clothing and Woodworking will also sell all types of racial style materials (for Motifs 1-10).
The following are styles that cannot be crafted into weapons or armor, but are available to wear as outfits via the Outfit System.
The following styles can only be earned as rewards for participating in Battlegrounds. The chance of obtaining an Outfit Style is based on how well your team performed in the Battleground.
- Fire Drake Style — obtained by completing Land Grabs (Domination, Crazy King).
- Storm Lord Style — obtained by completing Flag Games (Capture the Relic, Chaosball).
- Pit Daemon Style — obtained by completing Deathmatch games.
- Fanged Worm Style — a variant of the Fang Lair Style.
- Horned Dragon Style — a variant of the Scalecaller Style.
Collector's Edition Styles
- Dragonbone Style — can only be learned by purchasing the Collector's Edition of the Elsweyr chapter.
- Divine Prosecution Style — can only be learned by purchasing the Collector's Edition of the Summerset chapter.
- Abnur Tharn Style
- Cadwell's Kitchen Style
- Lyris Titanborn Style
- The Prophet Style
- Prisoner's Rags Style
- Sai Sahan Style
- Skyterror Dragonslayer Style
- Unique Psijic Armor
- Elder Dragon Hunter Style
This is the style of the various Monster Helm Sets, which consist of a head and shoulder piece only. Undaunted Styles became obtainable from Update 18 by participating in limited time events, and could be worn as Outfits. To coincide with each limited time event, shields and a variety of weapons were also made available in each respective style, available only via Crown Store purchase.
- Baandari Pedlar Style
- Dwarven Remnant Style
- Maelstrom Style
- Moon Crescent Style
- Skyforge Smith Hammer
- Voriplasm Style
Artifacts are unique and powerful items usually associated with various Daedric princes. In the context of Elder Scrolls Online, the visual style of several artifacts can be applied to your weapons via the Outfit System, if bought from the Crown Store.
Dropped Style Pieces
The following styles exist as individual armor/weapon pieces in-game, but are unavailable as full crafting motifs or style pages. Weapon or armor pieces cannot be used in conjunction with the Outfit System, but individual pieces can be equipped if found in the world.
Armor & Weapons
- Original Ashlander Style
- Ebon Style
- Sunspire Style
- Lich Style
- Maormer Style
- Reach Winter Style
- Refabricated Style
- Savior's Hide Style
The following styles exist as individual armor/weapon pieces in the game data, but are unavailable as full crafting motifs or style pages. Weapon or armor pieces cannot be used in conjunction with the Outfit System, but they can be worn as full costumes.
The following styles are worn by certain NPCs. They became known through datamining but cannot be learned by reading motifs or style pages, therefore they're not available for crafting or applying to an outfit.
A list of datamined style or motifs that are yet to be released.
- Ancient Dragon Hunter Armor Pack
- Ancient Dragon Hunter Arms Pack
- Glenmoril Wyrd Style (Witches Festival)
- Crafting Motif: Moongrave Fane — Crafting motif found by completing Moongrave Fane in the Scalebreaker DLC.
- Crafting Motif: Stags of Z'en — Crafting motif found on new sets in the Scalebreaker DLC.
- Monster Ability Weapons
- Dread-Aurelian Mask — A Style Page earned by entering Lair of Maarselok and Moongrave Fane
- New Moon Style — Style Pages for a new set of weapons
- Second Legion Style (Midyear Mayhem)
- Elder Scrolls Artifact: Volendrung
- Elder Scrolls Artifact: Mehrunes' Razor
- Elder Scrolls Artifact: Fearstruck
- Elder Scrolls Artifact: Ebony Blade
- Elder Scrolls Artifact: Bow of Shadows
- Elder Scrolls Artifact: Sword of Jyggalag
- Elder Scrolls Artifact: Sanguine's Rose
- Elder Scrolls Artifact: Rueful Axe
- Elder Scrolls Artifact: Firstblade
- Elder Scrolls Artifact: Dawnbreaker