The Dark Heart of Skyrim is the fourth main story arc of the Elder Scrolls Online, following on from the Season of the Dragon. It is an overarching story which spans multiple content updates in the form of DLC, Chapters, and free quests, covering the entirety of 2020's content releases. Details of the plot were officially announced on January 16, 2020, though teasers in the form of a letter from Sai Sahan and maps with Daedric text and tribal objects were sent to various influencers prior to this.
The eventual return to Skyrim has been hinted at in the past, with Lyris Titanborn being mentioned as having returned to her homeland to deal with an urgent matter.
Due to the multiple content releases involved in the Dark Heart of Skyrim, there are no prerequisites for completing these quests and they can be done in any order. However, they do follow a chronological order as listed here.
- Harrowstorm Storyline — Quests involving a dark benefactor.
- The Coven Conspiracy: Investigate a lead on the Icereach Coven for the Skald-King.
- The Coven Conundrum: Investigate the Icereach Coven further.
- Greymoor Storyline
- Bound in Blood: Escape captivity at the hands of the Icereach Coven. (only available to new characters created for the Greymoor chapter)
- The Gathering Storm: Investigate a threat to Solitude and its King.
- Dark Clouds Over Solitude: In light of a tragedy, hunt down the creature responsible.
- Danger in the Holds: Work with Svana to warn the Holds of Western Skyrim of a coming threat.
- The Vampire Scholar: Find Fennorian in Blackreach and bring him back.
- The Gray Host: Create a defense against the Harrowstorms and learn the Gray Host's plans.
- Greymoor Rising: Prevent the Harrowstorm from being unleashed on Solitude.
- Daughter of the Wolf: Check in with Solitude's survivors after the Harrowstorm.
- Darkstorm Prologues