|Location||Hidden Moon Crypts — The Dark Adept's Crypt|
|Faction(s)||The Order of the Hidden Moon (Former)|
Arum-Khal, also known as the Dark Adept, is a Khajiit lich who has been causing problems in the Ashen Scar. His physical form is found in the Hidden Moon Crypts, though he can use his phylacteries to travel between realms.
He was originally an adept of the Hidden Moon Order, who dealt with the Dro-m'Athra in the name of Azurah. He turned from her in a quest for power and betrayed his best friend and brother, Shando-ri, resulting in a civil war among the adepts which tore the temple apart. Though he was successfully bound by the surviving adepts, over the years the wards have deteriorated, making it the choice time to extend his influence.
- The Witch of Azurah: Help a friendly necromancer investigate the rise of undead in the Ashen Scar.
- Path of the Hidden Moon: Discover the secrets of an ancient Khajiiti order in the ruins of the Ashen Scar.
- The Moonlight Blade: With the help of the Moonlight Blade, destroy the Dro-m'Athra, Arum-Khal.
Quest Related Events
The Witch of Azurah
After you destroy the dark Orb which weakens Vastarie, his shadowy spirit will appear from the fragments to taunt you:
- Arum-Khal : "Your pathetic magics are useless here, witch of Azurah."
- Arum-Khal : "Flee while you can. The hour of my return has come."
Path of the Hidden Moon
During Mazza-Mirri's story, you will witness visions of Arum-Khal's downfall.
The Moonlight Blade
Once you arrive in his Crypt, he will be waiting for you:
- Arum-Khal : "Azurah's pet arrives at last. I will teach you to fear the dark."
Though you best him in battle, his shade will take hold of Shando-ri's spirit, after the latter hesitates:
- Arum-Khal : "You always did underestimate me, Shando."
- Shando-ri : "Destroying me will not save you, brother. Another wields the Moonlight Blade."
- Arum-Khal : "And they will share your fate soon enough."
He will then disspear into his own realm. You will need to follow him there to deal with his dark spirit and stop him once and for all:
Back in Elsweyr, Vastarie has a plan to try and reconstitute Shando-ri's spirit. While you assist using the Moonlight Blade, Vastarie will perform the ritual. The results are surprising:
- Shando-ri : "Shando-ri is whole? Azurah shows me mercy."
- <Arum-Khal's spirit appears.>
- Arum-Khal : "Shando … is that you?"
- Shando-ri : "Yes, brother. It's time to go home."
- Arum-Khal : "It's so dark. I can't …."
- Shando-ri : "Come. I will show you the way."
With that, the two brothers depart from the world.
Spells and Abilities
When fought in the Crypts, he will use shadow magic to fight:
- Unknown Basic Attack
- Will shoot shadow magic from his staff, causing minor magical damage.
- Wave of Darkness
- With a wave of his hand, several small moving purple AOEs will radiate from in front of him.
- Weight of the Void
- Shadowy forces will pick you up and then slam you down into the ground hard.