|Location||Anvil Mages Guild|
|Available||12am-3am, 8am-9pm every day|
|Faction(s)||Anvil Citizen; Guild for Mages (Journeyman )|
Thaurron, a Bosmer mage, is a Journeyman of the Mages Guild who sells spells at the local Anvil Guild Hall. He is among the few people in Cyrodiil to have managed to tame an Imp. His pet, Sparky, can be seen constantly following him around.
He lives an uneventful lifestyle, eating only once a day, at dinner, from 9pm to midnight, and sleeping in his bed in the Living Quarters from 3am to 8am. He will spend the rest of his day wandering around the Guild building.
When you meet him for the first time, he will briefly introduce himself: "I greet you. Thaurron, Journeyman of the Mages Guild." Just like fellow Guild member Marc Gulitte, he's quite happy with Carahil's leadership of the chapter: "Carahil supported Arch-Mage Traven's appointment from the beginning, and I don't believe the rumors that she just wanted his job at this hall." If you haven't joined yet, he will give you some advice: "Any of the local guild heads can get you into the guild. If you're in a hurry, speak with Carahil. She should be somewhere around here."
Unlike others, he doesn't think that Anvil and the countryside surrounding it are without any action: "I believe some people think of Anvil as a slow, sleepy place compared to eastern Cyrodiil, but there's plenty of trouble up north to be found." One of those perils is Malacath's Shrine, and once you have read Modern Heretics or spoken with Ulene Hlervu about "Cheydinhal", a new "Daedra shrines" conversation topic will appear. When you speak to Thaurron about this, he will say: "There's a Malacath Shrine west of Fort Sutch, west of the Gold Road to Hammerfell. But I stay away. I like my skin on the outside, in one piece." and then mark the shrine's location on your map.
He doesn't wield any weapons, relying instead on a set of basic spells from all of the magical schools. These are the same spells that you can buy cheaply from him, since his Mercantile is a mere 15. He will always be available for bartering when not sleeping or eating.
He sells the following spells:
|Defend||Apprentice||43||Shield 15% for 30sec on Self|
|Ease Burden||Apprentice||35||Feather 50pts for 240sec on Self|
|Open Easy Lock||Apprentice||29||Open Easy Lock on Target|
|Summon Scamp||Apprentice||60||Summon Scamp for 20sec on Self|
|Flash Bolt||Apprentice||52||Fire Damage 20pts on Target|
|Major Life Detection||Apprentice||30||Detect Life in 60ft for 20sec on Self|
|Remote Manipulation||Apprentice||28||Telekinesis 10ft for 20sec on Target|
|Soul Trap||Apprentice||60||Soul Trap for 20sec on Touch|
|Absorb Attribute: Agility*||Novice||14||Absorb Agility 5pts for 20sec on Touch|
|Absorb Attribute: Endurance*||Novice||14||Absorb Endurance 5pts for 20sec on Touch|
|Absorb Attribute: Intelligence*||Novice||14||Absorb Intelligence 5pts for 20sec on Touch|
|Absorb Attribute: Luck||Novice||14||Absorb Luck 5pts for 20sec on Touch|
|Absorb Attribute: Speed*||Novice||14||Absorb Speed 5pts for 20sec on Touch|
|Absorb Attribute: Strength*||Novice||14||Absorb Strength 5pts for 20sec on Touch|
|Absorb Attribute: Willpower*||Novice||14||Absorb Willpower 5pts for 20sec on Touch|
|Absorb Fatigue||Novice||11||Absorb Fatigue 10pts on Touch|
|Absorb Health*||Novice||12||Absorb Health 5pts on Touch|
|Absorb Magicka||Novice||14||Absorb Magicka 10pts on Touch|
|Absorb Skill: Acrobatics*||Novice||16||Absorb Acrobatics 5pts for 10sec on Touch|
|Absorb Skill: Athletics*||Novice||16||Absorb Athletics 5pts for 10sec on Touch|
|Absorb Skill: Illusion||Novice||16||Absorb Illusion 5pts for 10sec on Touch|
|Absorb Skill: Security*||Novice||16||Absorb Security 5pts for 10sec on Touch|
|Absorb Skill: Hand to Hand*||Apprentice||40||Absorb Hand to Hand 10pts for 10sec on Touch|
|Absorb Skill: Light Armor*||Apprentice||40||Absorb Light Armor10pts for 10sec on Touch|
|Absorb Skill: Mercantile||Apprentice||40||Absorb Mercantile 10pts for 10sec on Touch|
|Absorb Skill: Mysticism*||Apprentice||40||Absorb Mysticism 10pts for 10sec on Touch|
|Absorb Skill: Restoration*||Apprentice||40||Absorb Restoration 10pts for 10sec on Touch|
|Heal Major Wounds||Apprentice||61||Restore Health 25pts on Self|
|Leech Health*||Apprentice||30||Absorb Health 10pts on Touch|
|Minor Magic Resistance**||Journeyman||128||Resist Magic 15% for 20sec on Self|
* Indicates spells which cannot be purchased from anyone else, though spells with the same effects at different magnitudes can be purchased elsewhere.
** Indicates spells with effects which cannot be purchased anywhere else.
- The magicka cost for most purchasable spells matches the value you would calculate from the Spell Cost equation. In other words, if you were to create the same spell at the Spellmaking Altar, it would have the same magicka cost as the purchasable spell. There are a few exceptions. Spells that are a bad deal, i.e. more expensive than a custom spell, are in red; spells that are a good deal are in green. The magicka cost if you were to create a custom spell at the Spellmaking Altar is shown in parentheses.
- The magicka cost for spells is dependent upon your skill in the school (as modified by Luck, see Magic Overview). The provided baseline values are the magicka cost when your skill level is 33. For other skill levels the magicka cost can be determined from:
Cost * (1.4 - 0.012 * Skill)
- More powerful spells cost more to buy, have a higher skill requirement, and consume more Magicka.
- Level indicates what skill level you must reach (or surpass) in order to use a spell. Skill Level 0-24 = Novice, 25-49 = Apprentice, 50-74 = Journeyman, 75-99 = Expert, 100 = Master.
- The base cost in gold that you must pay to purchase a spell is always three times the current magicka cost of the spell, taking into account your character's skill level and Luck. (The actual cost you pay is further increased based on how well you haggle with the merchant.) Therefore, if you have any Fortify Skill or Fortify Luck spells/potions handy, you can get significantly better deals when purchasing spells.