The Alfiq are a diminutive form of magically gifted Khajiit[UOL 1] resembling typical housecats. Their resemblance to common housecats has led many to treat them as such, whether by downplaying their intelligence, cooing at them or attempting to cuddle them. While it is rumored among outsiders that Alfiq are mute,[UOL 2] they are in fact capable of speech. The misconception that Alfiq are incapable of speech may derive from the scholarly reduction of Alfiq to the status of housecats, or from a disinclination of Alfiq to talk in the presence of outsiders. Due to the disrespect that Alfiq get as a result of their form, they rarely travel outside Elsweyr. All these factors resulted in Alfiq resenting being labeled as housecats, which they consider patronizing and irritating. The grave lack of knowledge outsiders have of them does allow Alfiq to pose as housecats in order to serve as information gatherers. Alfiq wear clothing, but as they are unable to naturally put it on themselves, they either have others do it for them, or they use magic to clothe themselves.[UOL 1]
Alfiq are born when Masser is waning and Secunda is full
- For game-specific information, see the Elder Scrolls Online article.
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition: The Elsweyr Confederacy — Imperial Geographical Society, 2E 864
- Housecat pet description in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Ra'ri's dialogue in ESO: Elsweyr
- Nirahni's dialogue in ESO: Elsweyr
- Mojzin's dialogue in ESO: Elsweyr
- Skooma Cat's appearance in ESO: Elsweyr
Note: The following references are deemed to be unofficial sources. They are referenced to round off this article and may not be authoritative or conclusive.
- Leamon Tuttle on Alfiq Clothing - ESO Live
- Interview With Three Booksellers — Jobasha, Codus Callonus, and Dorisa Darvel