|This article is currently undergoing a major expansion or revamping by Dcsg. However, you are free to help in the construction of this page by improving it—use the talk page to do so. Please review the if you would like to see whether the page is still being worked on. If the editor who placed this notice has not made any changes in a while, please contact the editor or, if they're inactive, remove this template. This WIP notice was originally posted on 19:20, 2 December 2019 (GMT).|
This page covers terms that Dawnstar expects you to know. Not knowing them can make the game quite frustrating when starting up.
- Main Article: Character Creation
- Main Article: Leveling System - Level
- Level Up
- Main Article: Leveling System - Attributes
- Agililty / AGI
- Determines your character's base defense against physical attacks.
- Endurance / END
- Affects the amount of health your character has.
- Intelligence / INT
- Determines your character's supply of base magicka.
- Luck / LUC
- Represents your character's fate and fortune.
- Personality / PER
- Determines how well you interact with the Champions.
- Speed / SPD
- Determines how fast your character moves.
- Strength / STR
- Affects the amount of damage your character can inflict.
- Willpower / WIL
- Affects the recovery speed of Magicka energy.
- Main Article: Leveling System - Skills
- Main Article: Magic
- Alteration is the magic of altering the physical world. It provides many useful effects that can make up for other character weaknesses. In Dawnstar, the use of Alteration is limited to five different spells and the strength of each spell depends on your Alteration skill level. For more information, see the lore article.
- Conjuration is the magic of summoning creatures from other planes, creating magical weapons and armor, and repelling undead creatures. In Dawnstar, Conjuration is limited to five spells, and can prove extremely helpful along the way, especially at higher levels. For more information, see the lore article.
- Destruction magic provides many means of inflicting damage on enemies and is one of the most effective magic schools for direct damage to an enemy. For more information, see the lore article.
- Illusion spell effects, such as paralyze, blind and fear, alter the perceptions and thoughts of living beings. For more information, see the lore article.
- Restoration involves the magical healing or augmentation of living tissue. You can cast spells to restore, fortify, or absorb physical and magical attributes, cure disease, and resist magical attacks. You can heal yourself while or after fighting with this type of spell. For more information, see the lore article.
- Main Article: Weapons
- Blunt Weapon
- Blunt Weapon is a skill that governs the use of Blunt Weapons, such as Clubs and Maces. The higher your skill level, the stronger the weapons will be.
- Long Blade
- This skill governs your use of Long Blades and generally makes your attacks more effective and strong.
- Short Blade
- This skill governs your use of Short Blades and generally makes your attacks more effective and strong.
- Main Article: Armor
- Heavy Armor
- Heavy Armor is more or less self-explanatory. The Heavy Armor Peaddler will sell you a few cuirasses, all tagged as Heavy Armor items. The higher the skill level, the better protection is received by equipping Heavy Armor.
- Light Armor
- The Light Armor skill resembles the Heavy Armor skill. The Light Armor Peddler will sell you a few cuirasses, all tagged as Light Armor items. The higher the skill level, the better protection is received by equipping Light Armor.
- This skill will help you communicate better with the Champions, gives you a better chance to befriend them and a more convenient way of befriending them after threats. (?)
- Main Article: Places
- Dawnstar Camp / Dawnstar / Camp / Camp Dungeon
- Main Article: Status Ailments
- Status Ailment
- Main Article: Gift Items
- Aid Points / Gift Points
- Clue Log
- Save Game
- Load Game
- Main Article: Bestiary
- Ice Tribes / Glacier Tribes
- Oracular Powers
- Nordic blood runs through the veins of these fierce mountain warriors.
- Battlemages are masters of combat magic.
- These noble warriors are able to use the heaviest weapons and armor with ease.
- Trickery and illusion give the Nightblades an edge in war.
- Brigand blood and harsh battles made these clever warriors terrible opponents.
- Sorcerers are powerful masters of all mystic crafts.
- Members of the Spellsword class combine deadly bladesmanship with quick-hitting magic.
- See Lore:Nord
- See Lore:Breton
- See Lore:Redguard
- Wood Elf
- See Lore:Wood Elf
- High Elf
- See Lore:High Elf