Blades: First Time Players< Blades
This is a list of tips and tricks for first time players to The Elder Scrolls: Blades, to make your adventure a little bit easier.
- You can play Blades in both portrait mode and vertical mode.
- If you decide to play on horizontal mode, you can either use "tap-to-move mode" or a virtual joystick.
- Some devices will only allow you to utilise "tap-to-move mode" in vertical mode.
- You should try out both versions to see what you prefer. There are settings to configure this as well.
- To unlock the Abyss, talk to Theodor Gorlash.
- To change your appearance, talk to Theodor Gorlash.
- While you can change your appearance, you cannot rename yourself, so choose your name wisely!
- Each race has bonuses for different skills.
- Chests come in 5 different rarities: Wooden, Silver, Golden, Elder, and Legendary.
- Make sure to always open your Chests.
- Repair your equipment.
- Keep an eye on your surroundings.
- To construct something, approach a lot and expend the required materials.
- Organize your Town and keep all of the services in near the main gate, where you are placed after completing most quests.
- Building new buildings in your town will increase your Town Level, allowing you to build new buildings and upgrade others.
- Building more variations of a building you already have will cost more.
- Houses, Dwellings, and Homesteads all cost the same to construct.
- Swarming enemies like Skeevers and Wolves keep their distance and attack in groups, making them more frustrating to kill. Be patient and attack when they do.
- Avoid attacking wildly.
- High Block whenever possible, and normal block when impossible.
- Being attacked while casting a some spell will cause the spell to fail, so you should start casting spell after the enemy attacks or is stunned.
- Switch out your weapons and spells in battle to exploit your enemy's Weaknesses.
- Absorb — A magical sigil appears instantly. It negates up to <magnitude> damage directed at the caster and converts 100% of it into healing.
- Healing Surge — Increases Health regeneration while Stamina is high, by up to <magnitude> per second.
- Adrenaline Dodge — This Dodging Strike evades up to 169 damage and restores up to 54 Health. The closer the fighter is to getting hit, the greater the healing.