|Location||Cidhna Mine, then Druadach Redoubt|
|Primary Skills||Destruction, One-handed, Block, Illusion|
|Perks||MS02IncreaseDamage; Reduce Damage|
|Morality||Violence Against Enemies||Aggression||Aggressive|
|Faction(s)||CrimeFactionCidhnaMine; DruadachRedoubtFaction; TownCidhnaMinePrisonerFaction|
During the day, he can be found mining in various areas of Cidhna Mine, going to sleep at 10pm and waking at 4am the next morning.
No One Escapes Cidhna MineEdit
Once you tell him that Madanach has sent you he will be more open:
- Madanach asked me to hear your story.
- "My story, huh? Everyone in Cidhna Mine has a tale. Let's hear yours first. When was the first time you felt chains around your wrists?"
You can then reply in three ways:
|It was at Helgen. I was being sent to the executioner.||"So you know what it's like to have your life in someone else's hands. Why should they get to decide? Isn't judgment for the gods?"|
|Young. I've always been known to get into trouble.||"Then you know the hard looks as judgment gets set upon you. The sneers of people who never had to face sentence."|
|None of your business.||"Fine. Don't tell me. But I know that look in your eyes. Someone who's faced death at the hands of the law."|
- "Do you have any family? Anyone waiting for you on the outside?"
- Yes, but they're far from Skyrim./I have friends. Only family I need./None that I care to talk about.
- "I had a daughter, once. She'd be 23 this year. Married to some hot-headed silver worker or maybe on her own learning the herb trade. The Nords didn't care who was and who wasn't involved in the Forsworn Uprising. I had spoken to Madanach once, that was enough. But my little Aethra didn't want to see her papa leave her. She pleaded to the Jarl to take her instead. And after they made me watch as her head rolled off the block, they threw me in here anyway, to dig up their silver."
- You think your story justifies the murders the Forsworn committed?
- "I'm not Madanach. I was never a leader of the Forsworn. The only anger I can justify is my own. But every family in the Reach has a story like mine. There are no innocent onlookers in this struggle. Just the guilty, and the dead."
- I'm sorry to hear what happened to you.
- "My daughter is the one who needs your pity. I'm just a poor Forsworn whose only regret is not killing more Nords before I was locked up."
His potential greetings are:
- "What do you want? Have digging to do."
- "Don't reach for a shiv around me, or we'll both regret it."
If you try to talk to him before starting the quest it becomes clear that he doesn't want to talk:
- How long have you been here?
- "Long enough."
- What are you in for?
- "Don't want to talk about it."
- Braig mispronounces Madanach's name, calling him "Manadanach" when asked if his daughter's death justifies the murders committed by the Forsworn.