Open main menu

UESPWiki β

Oblivion:Fort Ash

< Oblivion: Places: Forts
Fort Ash
(view on map) (lore page)
# of Zones 2
Goblin Enemies
(1 boss-level Goblin)
Important Treasure
1 boss-level Fort Chest
Console Location Code(s)
FortAshExterior, FortAsh01, FortAsh02
Great Forest
Between Chorrol and the Imperial City, on the Black Road
Fort Ash

Fort Ash is a medium-sized fort between Chorrol and the Imperial City containing goblins. It contains two zones: Fort Ash and Fort Ash Stockade.


Key to Maps
Fort Ash, Exterior
  • The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel -9, 19
  • This location's map marker (M on map) is named Fort Ash (editor name FortAshMapMarker). The entrance door is NNE of the marker, 60 feet away.
  • 1 Highwayman (non-respawning) is near the entrance
  • 2 Wilderness Creatures (Forest variety) are near the entrance
  • 2 Dead Goblins (may carry a lockpick) are at locations E on map
  • 1 Chest 02 (locked) is near the entrance
  • The following plants can be found near the entrance: 29 Fly Amanita plants, 7 Green Stain Cup plants, 2 Lavender plants, 22 Monkshood plants, 1 Somnalius plant, and 11 Summer Bolete plants
  • The other following items can be found near the entrance: 1 Flawed Emerald, 1 Flawed Topaz, 1 Flawless Emerald, 1 Ruby, and 1 Potion of Detect Life
  • Some of the above items are clustered at C: 1 Flawed Emerald, 1 Flawed Topaz, 1 Flawless Emerald, and 1 Ruby

Zone 1: Fort AshEdit

Fort Ash

Upon entering the fort, things appear rather quiet. Proceed until you arrive at a junction. Turn right and dispose of the opposition in the first chamber and search the minor loot chest. Continue south until you come to an opening in the left-hand wall. Head through the opening and beware of the Swinging Mace traps at E triggered by the Tripwire at F. Continue to a large room with four pillars and a table with a minor loot chest and a Dead Treasure Hunter, both at G. Be very careful when approaching the body, as four Darts traps (D), one on each pillar, will shoot at you from all directions. Head north and jump over another pair of Darts traps (D) until you reach a large room with two enemies, two minor loot chests, two bedrolls at b, and a roasted rat. Loot the chests, then take the southwestern path which leads to the bridge above. Finally, enter the second zone, Fort Ash Stockade, through door C.




Doors and Gates:

  • There are two doors in/out of this zone


  • 1 Dead Treasure Hunter (carries light armor, one weapon, unenchanted loot) at location G on map
  • 2 bedrolls at b

Zone 2: Fort Ash StockadeEdit

Fort Ash Stockade

This area is fairly straightforward. Upon entering, proceed straight ahead and deal with the two enemies in the alcove to the left before looting the two minor loot chests around the corner to the right. The path leading east is blocked by three gates, D, E, and F, with four handles on the walls that you can turn (cyan dots on map). Three of the handles raise the gates, while the fourth lowers one of the gates. The handle just to the left of the gates opens gate F, the adjacent handle opens door E, and the handle just to the right of the gates opens gate D. Proceed forward and turn left at the intersection, as the other path leads to a rat pen and nothing else. Above the pen is a bridge guarded by two enemies, one of them a boss-level goblin (A), and the boss chest next to a minor loot chest at B. When done, backtrack to door C leading back to Fort Ash.


  • 1 boss-level Goblin at location A on map
  • 2 Goblins
  • 1 Goblin Enemy (each 80% probability Goblin, 13% Rat, 7% Mud Crab)
  • 4 Rats


Doors and Gates:

  • There is one door (at C) in/out of this zone, leading to the zone Fort Ash
  • 3 Portcullis Gates at D, E, and F


  • 1 bedroll at location b on map