Morrowind:Fortify Attribute< Morrowind: Spell Effects(Redirected from Morrowind:Fortify Personality)
(Click on any item for details)
Fortify Attribute, M points for D seconds
Temporarily raises one of the target's attributes by M points for D seconds. Derived attributes such as Fatigue, Health, Magicka, and Encumbrance will be recalculated if appropriate. After the spell expires, the attribute will be restored to its former value.
- This effect can be added up to eight times in the same spell (because of the eight-effect limit), regardless of whether or not the same attribute is selected, unlike other magic effects. Because of this, it is easy to make a spell that boosts any one of your attributes 800 points for a short time for a relatively low casting cost. This trick is useful for Alchemy and Enchant, if you boost your Intelligence and then immediately go into the inventory screen to make super-potions or try to create a high-end enchanted item.
- If you are under the effect of a Fortify Attribute, and are then hit with a Drain effect for the same attribute, then when the Drain expires, the attribute will not return to its former value, making the Drain behave more like a Damage Attribute. The only way to solve this is to remove whatever was causing the Fortify effect, and then apply a Restore Attribute effect. You may then put the Fortify effect back on to be returned to your former attribute value.
- You can't create potions with more than one Fortify Attribute effect. The effect that appears first is the one that the potion will have.
- This bug is fixed by the Morrowind Code Patch.
- Any person who sees you while under the influence of a Fortify Personality effect (even if you don't talk to them), regardless of how much they liked you before, will have their Disposition lowered by half the amount of the effect (one Disposition point per two Personality points) after the spell expires. So even if somebody has 100 Disposition towards you, if you cast a 90pt Fortify Personality spell and they see you while the spell is active, then when the spell wears off their Disposition will be lowered to 55. Thus, you should only use such an effect with people you don't plan to talk to ever again (though this can be fixed through Speechcraft and/or Charm – In fact, it's probably easier to just use Charm in the first place).
- This bug is fixed in OpenMW.
The following alchemy ingredients can be used to create a Fortify Attribute potion:
|Fortify Agility||Fortify Endurance||Fortify Intelligence||Fortify Luck|
|Fortify Personality||Fortify Speed||Fortify Strength||Fortify Willpower|
* These are first-effect ingredients, so you will experience the effect by eating them raw as well.