|This place page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|# of Zones
|Console Location Code(s)
Ashalmawia, Shrine, Sunken Vaults
|West Gash, [-10,15]
Ashalmawia is a shrine to Molag Bal just east of Ald Velothi and south-southwest of Khuul. The shrine consists of two large areas: the Shrine and the Sunken Vaults. Also, there are three quests that will bring you to this shrine. The enemies within are two mages and two warriors. The emerald on the altar is cursed.
- An Ancient daedric Key sits upon a table within the shrine area. This key opens the locked, trapped door on the right, which leads to the area where Malexa is imprisoned.
- Scroll of Elemental Burst:Shock (both shock damage 40 - 65 in 15ft on target, and 0 to 5 pts for 5 sec on 15 ft on target) and a scroll of Frostbane (Weakness to frost 10 to 20% on touch) lay on top of a chest at the bottom of the sunken vaults.
- The book Response to Bero's Speech at the bottom of the Sunken Vaults will increase your Destruction skill.
- A chest (lock level 60) is hidden in the Sunken Vaults area, in an alcove not far from where the stone tunnel enters into the vaults themselves. Levitation will be required to reach it.
- Three chests (lock level 45, 35, and 10) are at the bottom of the Sunken Vaults with various money, potions, and enchanted items, all guarded by Gordol.
- Gordol wears a full suit of Ebony Armor and wields a Daedric War Axe.
- Erns Maren wields a Steel War Axe, and is wearing a full Steel Armor set
- Two more chests (lock level 35/trapped and 40) are at the very top, which requires levitation to get to. In front of the chests are 2 Daedric Darts, and a Daedric Mace. Note: These chests are a little hard to find, to reach them from the room at the bottom of the vaults, levitate directly up, and turn to the northwest direction. Most likely you will see the ledge on which they rest from there, but have to actually land on and search the ledge for the chests. Neither chest actually contains much of interest. This area is about the same height as the other one requiring levitation, near the tunnel entrance.
- There are two Rising Force potions (for levitation) on a chest near Gordol. Take those to grab the hidden chests, if you need them, and to get easily up to the tunnel back to the Shrine.
- The ruin also appeared in ESO.