|This place page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|# of Zones
|Console Location Code(s)
Ashalmawia, Shrine, Sunken Vaults
|West Gash, [-10,15]
Ashalmawia is a shrine to Molag Bal just east of Ald Velothi and south-southwest of Khuul. The shrine consists of two large areas: the Shrine and the Sunken Vaults. Also, there are three quests that will bring you to this shrine. The enemies within are two mages and two warriors. The emerald on the altar is cursed.
- An Ancient daedric Key sits upon a table within the shrine area. This key opens the locked, trapped door on the right, which leads to the area where Malexa is imprisoned.
- Erns Maren wields a leveled axe and wears a near-full set of Steel Armor along with an Imperial Silver Cuirass.
- Gordol wears a near-full suit of Ebony Armor and wields a Daedric War Axe.
- A Scroll of Elemental Burst:Shock and a Scroll of Frostbane lie on top of a chest at the bottom of the Sunken Vaults.
- The book Response to Bero's Speech at the bottom of the Sunken Vaults will increase your Destruction skill.
- Three chests (lock level 45, 35, and 10) are at the bottom of the Sunken Vaults with various amounts of gold, potions, and enchanted items, all guarded by Gordol.
- A chest (lock level 60) is hidden in the Sunken Vaults area, in an alcove not far from where the stone tunnel enters into the vaults themselves. Levitation will be required to reach it.
- Two more chests (lock level 35/trapped and 40) are at the very top of the Sunken Vaults and require levitation to reach. These chests may be a little difficult to find; to reach them from the room at the bottom of the Vaults, levitate directly up and turn to face northwest. Most likely you will see the ledge on which they rest from there, but you will have to land on and search the ledge for the chests themselves. In front of the chests are 2 Daedric Darts and a Daedric Mace. Neither chest actually contains much of interest. This area is about the same height as the other one requiring levitation, near the tunnel entrance.
- There are two Rising Force potions on a chest near Gordol. You can use them to reach the hidden chests if necessary, and to easily return to the tunnel back to the Shrine.
- The ruin also appeared in ESO.