|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Speak to Falco/Carnius about your next assignment to hear about the Spriggans that are attacking the town.
- Find and kill the four Spriggans near the colony.
- Speak to Unel Lloran once the four are dead.
- Search the mine looking for tree roots. Speak to the miners for some information.
- Return to Unel with the information. Escort Unel to see the roots.
- Find five bittergreen petals and bring them back to Unel.
- Return to Falco/Carnius to receive your reward.
Falco or CarniusEdit
Speak to Falco/Carnius about your next assignment to be told about the recent attacks by Spriggans, apparently concentrated on the East of Raven Rock near a cluster of trees. Falco/Carnius wants you to investigate and clear up the matter and report back to Unel Lloran in the bar.
The directions Falco/Carnius gave you for the Spriggans are quite misleading, as the four Spriggans you have to kill will actually spawn inside the colony. Two are at the back of a building just southeast from Falco. Another can be found among the new construction on the east end of town. The last one is located at the back of the round building beside the tavern. Kill all four Spriggans three times each. There will be a journal entry when you are finished.
Once the four Spriggans are taken care of, you can visit Unel in the bar (he'll dismiss you if you talk to him before the four are dead). He'll say that although you've taken care of the Spriggans, the trees still cannot be cut down, mumbling something or other about finding the roots. He suggests checking around in the mine to see if you can find the roots or anything else down there.
Speak to anyone in the mine about roots to learn that, indeed, they encountered some nasty roots in the mine off of the northern passage. Explore the mine until you find a door to the Abandoned Mine Shaft. Enter and shortly inside you'll receive a journal entry telling you to inform Unel about what you've found.
Return to UnelEdit
When you return to tell Unel of what you found about the roots, he'll want you to escort him down to the mine to see for himself. Once you've escorted him to the roots, an uneventful trip, he'll ask you to get him five Bittergreen Petals with which to poison the roots' water. He also mentions that the petals are unlikely to be found on Solstheim (which appears to be true). The quickest route might be to cast a Mark spell here, then Almsivi Intervention over to Gnisis. Just inside the Temple you'll find Zanmulk Sammalamus, who sells an infinite supply of Bittergreen Petals. Once you have them, return and give them to Unel. He will thank you and tell you to go visit Falco/Carnius and tell him the news.
Return to Falco/CarniusEdit
Return to Falco/Carnius with the news about the roots and receive a gold reward (2000 from Falco or 1000 from Carnius).
- The Spriggans may not spawn where they should be.
- This can be fixed by spawning them manually via the Console.
- One non-Console strategy is to head southeast from Falco's location, just past the dock, until a Spriggan is encountered. She may be around Koljborn Barrow. After killing that Spriggan three times, head to the rock formation on the southeast part of town (map link). A second Spriggan should now spawn here if you keep walking around. You should save the game immediately when it is sighted. After killing this Spriggan once, one more will spawn at the rock formation, so you will fight two at once if you haven't drawn out the first one. After killing either Spriggan one more time, another will spawn immediately behind the Raven Rock Bar. If you're not careful, all three will be attacking you at the same time; you can avoid the wrath of all three Spriggans by drawing them out towards the water one at a time.
- A less programatic approach is to simply wander the environs of the colony and fight every encountered Spriggan (whether you think it quest-generated or not – they are visually indistinguishable), killing each three times in turn, and returning to the colony center between fights. Don't do Dispose of Corpse on them; you don't want any regular Spriggans to confusingly respawn if you are taking your time and transition from one cell to another. At some point, no Spriggans will be left anywhere near the colony. You can stop when you get a journal entry indicating that the job is done. (You can then remove the corpses if you want the regular Spriggans to respawn faster for their triple soul-trapping potential.)
- Killing the last-spawning of the quest Spriggans before you despatch the other three may cause Unel to not speak with you.
- One or more of the special Spriggans that spawn for this quest may leave an inaccessible, permanent corpse. This can be removed with the Console command
Disableif it annoys you.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Razing the Forest (CO_10)|
|Index||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||Carnius has gotten word of problems with Spriggans at the colony, and wants me to get rid of them. I should talk to Unel Lloran when the Spriggans have been dealt with.|
|20||Falco is concerned about recent Spriggan activity at the colony. He wants me to get rid of any Spriggans near the grove of trees at the Eastern end of the colony. When I'm done, I need to let Unel Lloran know. Falco thinks he's probably in the bar.|
|30||The Spriggans have been killed off for now.|
|40||Unel Lloran has told me that the colonists have tried cutting down the trees to no avail. He guessed that something could be done if he had access to the roots, but believes them to be too far underground for him to dig down to them.|
|50||The miners have mentioned that a cavern was discovered in the mine that was filled with tree roots too difficult to cut through, so they abandoned work on it. It's at the bottom level of the mine, in the passage to the north.|
|55||I checked the passage and found the roots. I should let Unel Lloran know about them.|
|60||I've agreed to show Unel Lloran the place in the mine that's overrun with tree roots.|
|70||I've brought Unel Lloran to the abandoned mine shaft with the tree roots.|
|80||Unel Lloran has said that if he can poison the tree roots, it may weaken them enough to cut down the trees. He'd like me to bring him five bittergreen petals, which I'll likely have to find someplace outside Solstheim.|
|90||I've delivered the bittergreen petals to Unel Lloran, who will use them to poison the water and weaken the trees. There's nothing more I can do to help; I should relay what's happened.|
|100||Falco was glad to hear that the trees are being dealt with, and has asked me to keep an eye out for Spriggans in the future.|
|110||Carnius was relieved that the Spriggans would no longer pose a threat to the mining operation.|
|Prev: Race Against the Clock (Falco) or
Stop the Messenger (Carnius)
|Up: East Empire Company Quests||Next: Hiring Guards|