|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Location||Mournhold, Royal Palace Throne Room|
Karrod, a Redguard warrior, is King Hlaalu Helseth's Champion. During the Main Quest, you are required to defeat Helseth's Champion in order to gain the King's favor. After the fight, Karrod is thoroughly impressed by your performance and gives you his sword, which was handed down by his father. This ancient weapon becomes very useful when Almalexia wishes to reforge The Blade of Nerevar to recreate Trueflame.
It isn't difficult to see how Karrod rose to become Helseth's Champion. He has unusually high stats for an NPC, with 150 Strength and 120 Speed. Like all Redguards, he has a natural resistance to poison and disease, and can boost his health, strength, agility and endurance for a short period of time. Aside from this, he possesses a set of extra Constant Effect abilities:
|Regenerate||Restore Health 1-5 pts on Self||Ability|
|Resist Magicka||Resist Magicka 50 pts on Self||Ability|
|Resist Normal Weapons||Resist Normal Weapons 50 pts on Self||Ability|
|Resist Paralysis||Resist Paralysis 100 pts on Self||Ability|
Despite all these abilities, Karrod does very little damage, though he can withstand a lot of punishment himself. This is mainly because of his sword which, while exotic, does less damage than most mid-tier weapons.
- "[Karrod says nothing.]"
- "Hold! I am beaten. You are the greater warrior, %PCName. You should speak now with my liege."
- "What may Karrod do for you, mighty one?"
- Karrod: "I am Karrod, Champion of King Hlaalu Helseth, and eternal friend to you, %PCName."
- pieces of the blade:
- [Odd Dwemer Weapon has been added to your inventory.] "When I was a child, my father gave me this weapon. He told me that as long as I had it, none would defeat me in battle...until the rightful owner came to claim it from me. I know now that you are the one of whom he spoke. I give it to you freely. May it serve you as well as it has served me."
- "Good luck in your quest, my friend. When it is done, the blade will serve you well."
- "You have forged the blade anew. I am in awe, my friend. Use it well."
- According to Helseth, Karrod was a deaf and dumb child and is now one of his most loyal men. However, Karrod is apparently neither deaf nor dumb as, after you defeat him in a duel, he can hear and speak just fine. Helseth is surprised to hear Karrod speak.
- Despite his loyalty to Helseth, if you ask him about Helseth, he'll give an oddly unpatriotic response "He's our new King, I suppose..." and wonder whether Helseth had anything to do with King Llethan's and Talen Vandas' deaths. If you ask him about Talen Vandas, he will remark "Now there's a man who could lead our people!" He even thinks that the Royal Guards (presumably including himself) are thugs. These are generic dialogue statements that you can get from almost anyone in Mournhold. The developers presumably simply forgot to make an exception for Karrod.