Gaming Me: Oblivion was my first ES game, and I played it off and on for around five years. I'm still playing Skyrim regularly, and eventually, I want to go through the other games as well, starting with Arena and moving forward.
Real Me: I'm a 52-year-old gay guy who lives in Ottawa with my partner, Patrick. I'm on disability, being nearly housebound by Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (sometimes referred to as "chronic fatigue syndrome", though this name is falling out of style due to its inaccuracy). As of late 2019, I've developed a second thing which as left me all but completely bed-ridden, with hip-muscle pain that's only relieved by lying down and gets insanely worse with only minimal sitting or standing. My nurse practitioner and I are still trying to figure out what it is, but my best guess at this time is that it's Multiple sclerosis.
Mods I UseEdit
Other Projects, Hacks, Etc.Edit
- Beta-tester (briefly) for the last Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
- Contributed significantly to the Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Unofficial Patch.
- Hacked Diablo II's character saved-game format for v. 1.09+, correctly figuring out the CRC check...only to find out someone else had beaten me to it. :(
- Created a tiny mod to light up the various treasure sources in Diablo II and change trapped containers to glow red. Never released publicly, but available on request if anybody wants it.
- Designed a "Speed Dating" mod for Baldur's Gate II that makes romances less glacial; in beta-testing.
- Completely reverse-engineered Ultima III in 1993 and reproduced the game in a more "modern" Turbo Pascal 7, complete with interrupt-based animation. Lost the code in a hard drive crash about a year or two later.
- Created map decoder complete with both text-based display and full graphical animation for X-COM: Terror from the Deep. Lost the code in the same hard drive crash as above. I re-created a text-only version of it in Turbo Pascal 7 afterwards, but never the full graphical version.