Skyrim:The Savior of Selveni Nethri< Skyrim: Quests: Miscellaneous / Dungeon Quests
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
Walkthrough: written by Beezer1029, not checked
Reward: written by 18.104.22.168, checked by Beezer1029
- Find Selveni Nethri trapped in webs in Southfringe Sanctum and cut her down.
- Help her escape the cave.
Caught in a WebEdit
When exploring Southfringe Sanctum you will find a Dunmer conjurer named Selveni Nethri trapped in a spider's web. Obviously she is frantic to escape and pleads with you to cut her down.
A Cursed NecromancerEdit
After you free her from the webs, she will tell you: "Bashnag's coven chased me out and left me for dead down here. Nobody lasts too long with the spiders. I won't be myself for some time. I just need to get out of here and recover." Apparently Selveni's dealings as a necromancer resulted in her daughter being taken from her and sent to the orphanage in Riften. Selveni had gone to Riften to see if she could get her daughter out, but learned her daughter had already been moved. When she returned to the coven, Bashnag accused her of trying to sell him out to the Thalmor. She was cursed and chased off. Because of the curse she has been weakened and can't cast a spell to save her life. She isn't able to escape the Sanctum until the way out is safe, and she is desperate to locate her missing daughter.
Clear the WayEdit
You have probably already faced the many resident frostbite spiders on your way in. While it isn't necessary to kill Bashnag and all his fellow spellswords to ensure her safety, the quest will fail if Selveni dies before escaping. Let her know when the way out is clear. She will thank you and move along the path in the spider area to get out of the cave by herself. When she has exited the cave, the quest will be completed. There is no follow-up to this quest, as Selveni's daughter does not appear anywhere in Skyrim and Selveni herself disappears for good once she is out of the player's sight.
- She may refuse to move after being cut down.
- Try talking to her until she moves. This might continue past any meaningful conversation, but she should eventually move.
- In many cases, Selveni can get stuck near the entrance. Some things that can be tried to unstick her are:
- Talk to her.
- Use your equipment, spell, or shout to get her unstuck, such as Unrelenting Force, a Paralysis spell, or blocks.
- Use the wait feature for one hour.
- Leaving and reentering the location may also work. In that case, she will disappear from the cave, and the journal will update the quest as completed. You may be forced to go back to Southfringe Sanctum after a long time roaming other places to solve this quest with this method, though.
- Hitting her with an arrow may also help push her towards the entrance. However, do not use a powerful bow and arrow combination or you will risk killing her.
- Selveni may even escape but the quest journal indicates that it never completed.
|The Savior of Selveni Nethri (dunSouthfringeQST)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective 1: Help Selveni Nethri escape the cave.
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0, 10, 15, 50.
<Alias=LocationHold>) is dynamically set by the Radiant Quest system, and will be filled in with the appropriate word(s) when seen in game.
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress. This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in any order. Some stages may therefore repeat objectives seen in other stages.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- On the PC, it is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering
setstage dunSouthfringeQST stage, where
stageis the number of the stage you wish to complete. It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages, but it is possible to clear all stages of the quest using