|To meet our site's higher standard of quality, this article or section may require cleanup. The user who placed this here had the following concern:
May need to be updated following changes in Update 35.
To leave a message about the cleanup for this article, please add it to this article's .
|Line Rank||1||Cost||2295 Magicka|
Converts to a Stamina ability and deals Physical Damage. Always applies the Sundered status effect and deals guaranteed critical damage when flanking an enemy.
While slotted you gain Minor Expedition and leaving Sneak or invisibility increases your Weapon and Spell Damage.
- Veiled Strike: Slash an enemy, dealing [3000 / 3031 / 3065 / 3100] Magic Damage. If you strike an enemy from their flank you set them Off Balance.
- Surprise Attack: Cost: 2295 Stamina.
Slash an enemy, dealing [3097 / 3131 / 3166 / 3198] Physical Damage and applying the Sundered status effect. If you strike an enemy from their flank you set them Off Balance. This attack will also be guaranteed to be a Critical Strike, up to once every 4 seconds.
- Concealed Weapon: Slash an enemy, dealing 3097 Magic Damage. If you strike an enemy from their flank you set them Off Balance. When you leave Sneak, invisibility, or Major Expedition ends while in combat, your damage done is increased by [7 / 8 / 9 / 10]% for 5 seconds. While slotted, you gain Minor Expedition, increasing your Movement Speed by 15%.
Veiled Strike deals Magic Damage to a single opponent, and causes them to become off balanced and stunned if you are invisible or in stealth mode. Its range is slightly greater than that of a melee attack, affording you a better chance of getting the stealth bonus without being detected. The Concealed Weapon morph increases your movement speed while stealthed or invisible, giving you an even greater chance of getting close enough without being seen. Alternatively, the Surprise Attack morph changes it to a Stamina cost, deals Physical Damage, and will reduce the enemy's armor, causing your subsequent attacks to do more damage.
- As a stealth-based skill, it may be difficult to use while you are in a group or in an area where there are other players around, as many players tend to charge in and spoil the surprise. One way to counteract that is to use abilities such as Shadow Cloak or Consuming Darkness that can grant invisibility, allowing you to get the full benefit from Veiled Strike. You can also craft potions to give yourself the invisibility effect.
- Concealed Weapon is a good morph for mobility. When combined with Dark Stalker, Shadow Cloak, and Cripple (on a target) it becomes a great escape maneuver.
- Concealed Weapon is a recommended morph for the Nightblade Initiate build, while Surprise Attack is recommended for Umbral Assassin.