Quest Related EventsEdit
By Invitation OnlyEdit
- "Tell me, how did your invitation arrive?
In the claws of a bird of prey? In the fist of a charmed giant? I got mine from a terrifying ghost!"
- What do you mean?
- "What do you mean, what do I mean? Your invitation to attend Shad Astula, of course.
Oh, my— you really have no idea what I'm talking about, do you?"
- Not even the faintest clue.
- "We're waiting to depart for Shad Astula, the Academy of Magic.
The Academy sends invitations to only the most promising mages. Trains them to become leaders for the Houses and the Ebonheart Pact. My apologies, I thought that was common knowledge."
- Ah. In that case, where do I sign up?
- "It's not that simple. You have to be invited. No invitation, no boat ride for the island.
The Academy is quite exclusive. Not like the Mages Guild."
- How do I get one of those invitation?
- "All of us waiting for the boat have invitations, but I doubt you'll find anyone willing to hand one over to you.
It's a big honor to be invited. Anyone willing to toss that away isn't really Academy material."
- Know anyone who might be willing to give up an invitation?
- "Well, Geirvarda doesn't seem very thrilled about going to the Academy. And Renus and Guronii will wager on anything.
I even heard some students buy their way onto the boat, but I'm not sure I believe it."
After you get your invitation:
- "You got an invitation? I can't believe someone just gave you one. I'm going to have mine framed."