|To meet our site's higher standard of quality, this article or section may require cleanup. The user who placed this here had the following concern:
May need to be updated following changes in Update 36.
To leave a message about the cleanup for this article, please add it to this article's talk page.
- Destructive Touch: Devastate an enemy with an enhanced charge from your staff, dealing [1498 / 1514 / 1530 / 1548] Magic Damage and an additional [4521 / 4554 / 4612 / 4660] Magic Damage over 20 seconds. The initial hit always applies the element's status effect.
- Destructive Clench: Devastate an enemy with an enhanced charge from your staff, dealing 1549 Magic Damage. The initial hit always applies the element's status effect. Flame Clench also knocks the enemy back. Frost Clench deals less damage, has increased range, applies Major Maim, immobilizes, and taunts the enemy. Shock Clench converts the attack into an area of effect explosion.
- Destructive Reach: Cost: [2970 / 2880 / 2790 / 2700] Magicka, Range: 28 meters.
Devastate an enemy with an enhanced charge from your staff, dealing 1549 Magic Damage and an additional 4672 Magic Damage over 20 seconds. The initial hit always applies the element's status effect.
Destructive Touch deals magic damage and additional damage over time. The Destructive Clench morph removes the damage over time but adds additional effects based on the staff type:
- Flame Clench knocks the target back.
- Frost Clench immobilizes the target and applies a taunt.
- Shock Clench deals splash damage to other nearby enemies.
Alternatively, the Destructive Reach morph allows the ability to be used at a greater distance, changing the name to:
- Flame Reach
- Frost Reach
- Shock Reach
* Increased this ability's damage and magicka cost.
* Destructive Touch has been changed into a damage over time-based attack for all ranks and morphs of all types of staffs. The damage over time component increases in damage with rank.
- Increased the range of this ability to 17 meters from 7 meters.
- Destructive Reach (morph): Increased the range of this ability to 28 meters from 17 meters.
- Destructive Clench (morph): Fire Clench, Frost Clench, and Shock clench will now properly play their particle effects when recast in quick succession.
- Shock Touch, the lightning staff variant of Destructive Touch, now deals damage to nearby targets instead of disorienting the target.
- Tri Focus (passive): This passive now grants a damage bonus of 8% at Rank I, and 15% at Rank II to heavy attacks when the caster is using a fire staff. This passive also now adds splash damage equal to 10% at Rank I, and 20% at Rank II, of the damage of the attack when a caster using a lightning staff uses a heavy attack.
- Frost Touch and its morphs will no longer stun your target before the projectile deals damage.
* Frost Touch and its morphs will no longer apply a half-second stun to the target.
- Normalized the projectile's travel speeds.
- Clarified the tooltips for this ability.
- Flame Touch: This ability will now knock back your enemy instead of stunning them.
- Shock Touch: Removed the area of effect damage, and added a 2.5 second stun. The impact effects have been updated to reflect these changes.
- Flame Clench (morph):
- Removed the stun from this ability
- Added an increased damage over time damage
- Shock Clench (morph): Added an area of effect damage that applies near the target.
- Shock Reach (morph): Removed the area of effect damage from this ability, and added a 2.5 second stun. The impact effects have been updated to reflect these changes.
* Flame Reach (morph): This ability now properly applies the knockback up to the correct range (28 meters).
* Adjusted the order of the Active Abilities in this skill line. They now unlock in the following order:
* Fixed an issue where the Frost Clench and Frost Reach morphs were not displaying their visuals effects and scrolling combat text damage values correctly if they were used repeatedly on an enemy target.
* Weapon Enchantments and poisons will no longer proc from single-target Damage over Time effects of any weapon ability. The following effects can no longer proc Weapon Enchantments or poisons:
- The Damage over Time from Cleave and its morphs
- The Damage over Time from Twin Slashes and its morphs
- All damage from Lacerate and its morphs
- The residual Damage over Time from Toxic Barrage
- The Damage over Time from Acid Spray
- The Damage over Time from Poison Arrow and its morphs
- The Damage over Time from Destructive Touch and its morphs
* Shock Clench: Fixed an issue where the area of effect detonation of the ability, "Shock Clench Explosion", was not able to critically strike. This ability will now properly scale with your Spell Critical rating and inherent your Critical Hit Damage modifiers.
* Redesigned this ability and its morphs to function as a DoT, rather than a utility skill.
- Reduced the base cost to 2700 from 4050.
- Reduced the initial hit damage by approximately 17%, but increased the DoT by approximately 167% per tick.
- This ability no longer grants additional bonuses depending on the staff you are using.
- This ability now gains 1.1% damage in rank for the entire ability.
- Reduced the range to 15 meters from 17 meters.
- Destructive Clench: This morph retains the unique functionality for each elemental staff type you choose, but no longer deals damage over time. Flame Clench knocks the target back and stuns them for the duration; Frost Clench Immobilizes the target. Shock converts the attack into an AoE explosion, and deals our AoE damage standard.
- Note: The patch notes incorrectly listed this as Desctructive Reach
- Destructive Reach: This morph increases the range to 28 meters and reduces the cost to 2430 at Rank IV.
* Decreased the damage per tick of this ability and the Destructive Reach morph by approximately 63%.
* Increased the Damage over Time of this ability and the Destructive Reach morph by 33%.
* Decreased the damage per tick of this ability and the Destructive Reach morph by approximately 50%.
* Fixed an issue where the visual effects for this ability's Damage over Time would fail to refresh when using a Lightning staff.