|# Samples||359 (respawn)|
The ingredient Carrot is primarily found as food. It can also be harvested from the plant "Carrot Plant", which is found in many farms.
Carrots are one of only two ingredients (the other is Clouded Funnel Cap) which can be used to create Fortify Intelligence potions. Since these two ingredients also share the effect Damage Endurance once you reach Expert alchemy level, expert alchemists can only make Fortify Intelligence potions that have a negative side-effect; only journeyman alchemists can make a Fortify Intelligence potion without side effects.
359 guaranteed samples can be found in 146 different buildings (these locations will respawn, since carrots are food). The places with the highest numbers of samples are:
- 12 samples are in the Imperial Guard Quarters in the Imperial Palace
- 8 samples are in Ambroise Canne's House in Skingrad
- 6 samples are inside Shardrock's farmhouse
- 6 samples are inside the Harm's Folly farmhouse
- 6 samples are in the living quarters of the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary in Cheydinhal
- 6 samples are at in the Imperial Legion Offices in the Imperial Prison District
It can also be found randomly in the inventories of food vendors and in food containers. Shivering Isles adds four more carrot samples.
The places with the highest concentrations of carrot are:
- 66 plants are in Shetcombe Farm
- 64 plants are in Odiil Farm
- 42 plants are in the Harm's Folly farm
- 14 plants are in the Water's Edge farm
- 12 plants are in the Harlun's Watch farm
- If you have installed the Knights of the Nine official plug-in, 42 plants can be found in the farm plot at the Priory of the Nine