|This place page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|# of Zones||1|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|West Gash, [-10,13]|
Outside its partially submerged northwest entrance, there is a dead, viciously clawed smuggler in a boat. There are several sacks and things around him containing treasure.
A gang of smugglers' experiments here went wrong. Evidently they were dabbling with summoned scamps and an ogrim. However, the summoned creatures got out of control. The book Hanin's Wake, located on a table in the center, hints at what morbid things happened here.
All but one of the smugglers are dead, and the survivor is kept in a small area (look up east in the central room), that can only be reached by levitation. Imprisoned behind a locked gate, Inwold was forced to wear women's clothes for the amusement of his captors.
- The Sad Sorcerer: Find out what happened in this cave.
- There are a fair number of crates of generic smuggler loot around, and more stuff on the tables. Booze, skooma, and moon sugar are included among the smuggled goods.
- There are at least three levitation potions in the cave, so there's always a way to get the sorcerer out of there.
- This cave is the only location for the alchemical ingredient human flesh. The expansion pack Bloodmoon adds three additional samples.
- A Worn Key that opens the with the sorcerer is located on a plate in an alcove, near the hanging skeletons.
- This cave is one of the only two locations for the alchemical ingredient poison. The other location is Mudan Grotto.