Hungers are ferocious Daedra known for their long tongues, demonic appearance, and their taste for mortal flesh. The Hunger uses its long tongue to siphon the life out of its prey. It also makes use of its razor-sharp claws and can spew poisonous bile. They possess a paralyzing touch and have the uncanny ability to quickly destroy their opponents' armor and weapons. Hungers can also teleport. They are typically servants of Daedra Lord Boethiah who is also known as Hunger. They are also known to roam the Shivering Isles as servitors and guards. They are described by some as perfect representation of Sheogorath's darker side.
Hungers have been observed to be more ferocious when in the presence of a warm body which is described as a territorial hunting imperative.
Their tongues can be used by alchemists as an ingredient in potions to cure diseases and aid those who are afflicted by poison. Their tongues are also used by the Dunmer as hair combs. The claws of hungers have been known to be used to make filleting knives.
- Tirvina Avani's dialogue during A Creeping Hunger in The Elder Scrolls Online
- The Hunger's abilities and spells in ESO
- The Hunger's abilities and spells in Morrowind
- Darkest Darkness
- hunger dialogue option in Morrowind
- The Coldharbour Compact
- The Shivering Bestiary — Namlir Esprink
- Appearance of Hungers in the Shivering Isles
- Hunger vs. Shambles
- Hunger Tongue in Shivering Isles
- Hunger Tongue in Skyrim
- Hunger Tongue Comb
- Hunger Claw Filleting Knife