|This page is currently being redesigned for the Lore Places Project (LPP).
The page may need work to meet the standards outlined on the project page.
- "Misty hollows filled with gregarious nixads. Hidden lagoons containing singing waters, clear as fresh-blown glass. Flowers that whispered secrets when the wind blew, and stones with names too long for mortal tongues to speak. Such was the island of Artaeum."—Vanus Galerion
The Isle of Artaeum (// Ar-tay-um) is the third largest island of the Summerset archipelago, located off the southwest coast of Summerset Isle, south of the Moridunon village of Potansa and west of the mainland village of Runcibae. Artaeum is the home of the Psijic Order, the oldest monastic group of Tamriel. It has a tendency to vanish from Nirn, being placed in a pocket realm for centuries at a time.
The Isle of Artaeum has idyllic orchards and clear pastures, still and silent lagoons, misty woodlands, and the unique Psijic architecture that seems to be as natural as its surroundings. The Ceporah Tower is a relic from a civilization that predates the High Elves by several hundred years. It is the location of the Dreaming Cavern, which Sotha Sil once used as some sort of portal into the realms of Oblivion, but which has since been sealed off by the Psijics. The Isle of Artaeum was once removed from the world in a similar fashion to Umbriel, but reappeared about 500 years later. The Isle of Artaeum once again disappeared around 100 years before the civil war in Skyrim, and has not been seen since.
A view of Artaeum's landscape and the Ceporah Tower
- The Mystery of Artaeum — Penewen, Advisor to the Court
- Fragment: On Artaeum — Taurce il-Anselma
- Vanus Galerion's dialogue in ESO
- 2920, Rain's Hand — Carlovac Townway
- The Doors of Oblivion — Seif-ij Hidja
- The Infernal City — Gregory Keyes
- Tolfdir's dialogue in Skyrim
- Mannimarco, King of Worms — Horicles