There are many miscellaneous ingredients in Daggerfall. Ingredients can be used to make potions, or you can sell the ingredients to alchemists or gem stores.
Many ingredients are obtained from fallen enemies or found as loot in dungeons. Others, such as gems, may be the reward for completing quests or may be purchased at Gem Stores and sometimes also at Alchemists. Metals can only be bought at Alchemists. There is no rule about which ingredient can be found on which enemy. Generally, low value ingredients are found more widely than expensive ingredients. Expensive ingredients are more commonly found on tougher enemies.
There are numerous enemies which never or almost never carry ingredients. These are:
- Animals (Giant Bat, Giant Scorpion, Grizzly Bear, Rat, Sabertooth Tiger, Slaughterfish, Spider)
- Elemental Daedra (Fire, Frost)
- Lycanthropes (Wereboar, Werewolf)
- Orcs (Normal, Sergeant, Warlord)
- Skeleton Warriors
- Warrior class NPCs
All other enemies (especially spellcasting NPCs and monsters) generally carry a wide assortment of ingredients.
* Comes in two different styles as nugget (with unpatched Daggerfall) and bullion (with Andyfall patch), but statistics are the same for both