|This place page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
The Royal city of Old Mournhold was destroyed at the end of First Era by the Daedric Prince Mehrunes Dagon. Almalexia and Sotha Sil came too late to prevent this destruction, but they managed to banish Mehrunes Dagon back to Oblivion.
Old Mournhold are now the expansive ruins of that older city on which present-day Mournhold has been built. Old Mournhold can only be accessed through the sewer system and holds many secrets. Many quests take you underground. Be careful, Old Mournhold is the base of operations for the Dark Brotherhood, Goblins and other dangerous creatures.
Old Mournhold consists of the following places:
- Main Sewers — Includes Manor District, Bazaar, Palace, Residential and West Sewers.
- Temple Sewers — An isolated sewer system accessible from the Temple Basement.
- Battlefield — A large cavern accessible through the West Sewers.
- Bamz-Amschend — A hidden Dwemer ruin accessible from the Plaza Brindisi Dorom.
- Norenen-dur — An underground Daedric shrine hidden deep beneath Mournhold.
For a description of present-day Mournhold, click here.
- Hunt the Dark Brotherhood: Follow the trail of clues leading to the Dark Brotherhood in the sewers and ruins beneath Mournhold
- The Goblin Army: Investigate the rumors of a Goblin army being gathered by Lord Helseth.
- The Shrine of the Dead: Explore the Temple Sewers to find and cleanse this forgotten shrine.
- Evidence of Conspiracy: Look into another possible plot against the king involving the former King Llethan's widow.
- Investigate Bamz-Amschend: Explore a newly-discovered ruin and find out where the fabricants originate.
- Barilzar's Mazed Band: Find this powerful artifact hidden beneath the Temple and return it to Almalexia.
- The Blade of Nerevar: Gather the three broken pieces of this legendary blade to reforge it.
- The Barbarian and the Book: Aid poor Thrud in finding his missing wizard friend Dilborn in the Godsreach sewers.
- The Black Dart Gang: Help a woman avenge her dead lover by killing his killers, the Black Dart Gang.
- Crimson Plague: Solve this recent epidemic caused by a number of infected rats in the Temple.
- Scroll Sales: Find out the source of the special offers available in the Pawnbroker's shop.
- The Thief: The investigation of a mad woman yields an unexpected adventure.