|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Fedris Hler (fedris hler)|
|Location||Mournhold, Temple District, Reception Area|
Fedris Hler is Almalexia's steward and leader of the Hands of Almalexia. He can be found in the Reception Area of the Temple of Almalexia. He gives you three different quests to carry out in the name of Lady Almalexia.
Hler is described as a competent man, someone that's respected even by adversaries. He is said to have a darker past as an assassin.
- "Almalexia be praised, sera."
- "Hmm...you again. You wish to be of further service to our Lady?"
- "Our city is under attack! The Ordinators have been mobilized."
- "The ashstorms are a nuisance, but it is as our Lady wishes."
- "The Lady is gone...perhaps I can be of service to you?"
- "Ahh...you're the one who has recently arrived in Mournhold from Vvardenfell. I was told of your arrival. I understand you had some problems with the Dark Brotherhood. An interesting group...and usually rather effective. I'm surprised you're still alive. Perhaps you have potential, or they sent incompetents. I believe you might be of service to our Lady."
- "Well, what's the status with the goblin army? Have you taken care of it yet?"
- "It's you again. I suppose you wish to be of further service to our Lady?"
- "Yes? Aren't you supposed to be dealing with the Shrine of the Dead?"
- "Yes...what is it you want? I heard you'd taken care of that shrine business. Go speak with Drin. He seems to like you."
- "Drin sent you to me? Priests...hmph. As it happens, there is another way you may be of service to our Lady Almalexia."
- "Have you retrieved Barilzar's Mazed Band?"
- "What is it you want?"
- "I've heard about the attacks on the city. Good that you reported them to me, though. I've sent some High Ordinators to deal with the situation. You can help me in another way. I want you to investigate the disturbance."
- "I understand you've spoken to Delitian about the attacks on the city. He is correct in having you investigate the disturbance, but you should bring any information you find to me. This is a Temple city, and this is a Temple matter. We will deal with it."
- "Have you been able to investigate the disturbance further?"
- "What is it you need? I have no more jobs for you, but the Lady Almalexia has informed me that you may report to her directly."
- "What do you want?"
- "The Lady Almalexia resides here in the High Temple. We in Mournhold all live under her protection."
- "[Puzzled.] You are a foreigner. Many foreigners cannot understand our Living Gods. Are you speaking figuratively? In metaphors? In some... poetic way? Are you a follower of some peculiar Western cult? Please excuse me... but what you say makes no sense at all."
- Altmer trainers:
- "Traditionally, the Altmer have used the goblins to reinforce their armies. Why, I do not know. Rumor has it that Helseth has contracted two Altmer to train his goblin army. If you find these Altmer, it would be a service to rid the city of them as well."
- "You're to get rid of the two Altmer trainers if you can."
- "I understand you've killed one of them. Good work."
- "I have heard you've killed both of them. This will please the Lady."
- Barenziah: "Hmph...that one has ears everywhere. The people love her. Always have. And she's seemingly stayed out of politics since her return to Mournhold. Make no mistake, though: she knows the score in this town. A savvy old woman to be sure."
- Barilzar's Mazed Band:
- "All I know is that the goddess wants it returned. You'll find it in the ruins beneath the Temple. Search to the northwest in the sewers. There was a passageway in the Abandoned Crypt that had been blocked off by a cave-in, but Almalexia had the area cleared. As for the item itself, I don't really see why you'd need to know any more about it. If you must inquire, perhaps Gavas Drin can give you more details."
- If Gavas Drin is dead:
- "All I know is that the goddess wants it returned. You'll find it in the ruins beneath the Temple. Search to the northwest in the sewers. There was a passageway in the Abandoned Crypt that had been blocked off by a cave-in, but Almalexia had the area cleared. As for the item itself, I don't really see why you'd need to know any more about it. Gavas Drin could tell you more...were he not dead."
- If Gavas Drin is dead:
- "All I know is that you're to retrieve it from the Temple ruins. That's all you should need to know as well. Talk to Drin if you need to know more."
- If Gavas Drin is dead:
- "All I know is that you're to retrieve it from the Temple ruins. That's all you should need to know as well."
- If Gavas Drin is dead:
- "You got the Mazed Band? Interesting.... I won't be the one to take it. Speak with the priest, Drin. He'll know what should be done."
- "I have nothing more to say about the thing. You've been told what to do."
- Dark Brotherhood: "Yes, an interesting group. Effective. Fear and mystery are powerful tools for them. There have been kings that have been rumored to utilize their services, but that is only rumor, of course."
- Durzogs: "Frightening creatures. Possibly even more intelligent than their goblin handlers. You might hear them referred to as "sludgepuppies," but don't let that name fool you. They're strong, smart, and often well-trained creatures. The goblins use them on patrols to hunt down their victims."
- Fedris Hler: "I am Fedris Hler. What do you want?"
- Gavas Drin:
- "The Lord Archcanon is most likely in his office here at the Temple. Go there if you wish to speak to him."
- "The Lord Archcanon was found murdered. This crime will not go unpunished."
- goblin army:
- "Foul, vicious creatures. No wonder Helseth has chosen them to be his footsoldiers. I know that the goblins are being trained nearby, though not where, exactly. Ask around the city about goblins. Someone will know. I wish for you to find the location of goblin training area. When you do, kill the warchiefs--there should be two. Sever the head of this army, and the rest will shatter like a scrib. You might rid the city of their two Altmer trainers, as well. Complete this task, and the Lady will be pleased."
- "You've not completed your task yet? Perhaps you are worthless, after all. Speak to me when you've actually accomplished something."
- [5000 Gold has been added to your inventory.] "You've gotten rid of the goblin warchiefs? Excellent. I'm certain the army itself will scatter over the next few weeks. Our Lady will be pleased. A shame you weren't able to find the Altmer training them, but what can one expect from such as you.... Still, the Lady would wish for you to be rewarded. Take this."
- [10000 Gold has been added to your inventory.] "The warchiefs dead, along with one of the Altmer trainers. Not bad work...for you. Shame you didn't get the other one. It shows a bit of mettle, I suppose. The Lady will be pleased. Take this, and her gratitude."
- [15000 Gold has been added to your inventory.] "You've killed the warchiefs and their Altmer trainers? And you live to tell the tale...interesting. And surprising. Perhaps I've underestimated you, %PCName. Rest assured, it won't happen again. Take this as a token of our Lady's appreciation. Well done."
- "From all accounts, we won't have to worry about that any longer."
- goblins: "Miserable, horrid creatures. They're vile and . They vary in size from smaller than a Bosmer to larger than a Nord. Some are mindless animals; others have learned the ways of magic. You'll often see them with trained Durzogs, another filthy creature."
- Hands: "They are the servants to our Lady Almalexia. When something must be done in her name, the Hands are her instruments. They are the strongest, most pious, and most loyal of all the Lady's followers."
- "Our new young king. He is ruthless, and not foolish, as some would have you believe. He has some of his mother's political savvy, and he has all of his father's ruthlessness."
- "I'm surprised the king has been killed. He seemed like the careful sort."
- High Ordinators: "Perhaps you've seen Ordinators on Vvardenfell. Fierce warriors, all. They were the men judged unfit to serve in our Lady's city. The High Ordinators are the strongest warriors in all of Morrowind. They protect the Temple and the city against all threats. Do not cross them."
- investigate the disturbance:
- "These attacks are an affront to this city and to the Lady. We must learn more about them. I understand a passage has opened up in the Plaza that leads to some Dwemer ruins. The Memorial Statue has been destroyed, and an entrance has been discovered in the rubble from which the creatures emerged. Perhaps these things are of Dwemer origin--I have been told that they look at least partially mechanical. Investigate these ruins, %PCName, and report your findings to me immediately."
- "Do just as Delitian suggested: investigate the ruins of the Dwemer city that have opened in the Plaza Brindisi Dorom. When you have learned anything about the creatures, return to me and report your findings. The Temple will deal with this."
- "You say these new creatures were fighting with the Dwemer creatures? This is very disturbing. Only someone with great power could control these fabricant creatures. Almalexia will be interested to hear this news. I'm sure she'll have some insight into it."
- "I understand you reported your findings to Delitian. A shame, %PCName. This is clearly a Temple matter. However, we have retrieved the information ourselves, in spite of your efforts."
- "We've nothing further to discuss on that topic."
- King Llethan's death: "Who can doubt that Helseth is responsible for Athyn Llethan's death? Though out of fear, few will speak openly, I think you'll find most Dunmer in Mournhold are convinced that Llethan was killed to make way for the Helseth. Of course, I doubt that it could be proven. Helseth is too clever for that. But no one can doubt the truth of the matter."
- matters to discuss: "Perhaps you have already met young King Hlaalu Helseth. A foul man, unworthy to sit on a throne. Still, he holds right of succession. The Lady must keep an ever-watchful eye on this King, though, lest he do something that would be detrimental to the Temple, our fair city, or perhaps all of Morrowind. Currently, there are concerns about some new recruits that Helseth seems to be training."
- new recruits:
- "A standing army is nothing new in the city, though it is largely unnecessary. Mournhold is protected by her walls from the outside, and by our Lady Almalexia from within. None would dare mount an attack here. Still, tradition dictates that the king maintain an army. We believe that Helseth is raising quite a different sort of army...a goblin army."
- "As I said, a goblin army."
- "That matter is taken care of."
- Royal Guard: "They're Helseth's personal guard. Handpicked by the young king, and all loyal to him to the death. They're led by Tienius Delitian, an Imperial who followed Helseth back from Wayrest."
- service to our Lady:
- "I am always aware of those who might be able to serve our Lady Almalexia. Few are worthy to do so. The Temple and the city is guarded by the High Ordinators, and the Hands fulfill other duties for the Lady. I am her Chief Steward, Fedris Hler. Now, if you wish to be of use, we have some matters to discuss."
- "Hmmm...I have nothing for you at this time. Speak with Gavas Drin, the Lord Archcanon. He was in consultation with the Lady Almalexia this very morning. Perhaps he has something for you."
- "I spoke with the Lady earlier today, and there may be something that one of your skill will be able to help with. The Lady Almalexia would like you to retrieve a powerful artifact -- Barilzar's Mazed Band."
- "Yes. You are to retrieve Barilzar's Mazed Band."
- "I have nothing I need you to do. If something comes up, you'll be informed."
- Shrine of the Dead: "I know nothing about that shrine. Speak with Drin about it."
- Talen Vandas: "Yes, I knew the young man. I also know he met an unfortunate end. Seems to me a great number of this new king's rivals have met with unfortunate ends. Quite a coincidence, don't you think?"
- Tienius Delitian:
- "That's Helseth's captain of the guards. He's a shrewd one, worthy of respect."
- "I heard Captain Delitian had been murdered. A shame. I would have liked to have known that man better."