|Clearable||Yes (See Bugs)|
|Respawn Time||10 days|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|South of Black-Briar Lodge
East of Forelhost
|# of Cooking Pots/Spits||1|
Stendarr's Beacon is a watchtower home to three Vigilants of Stendarr, south of Black-Briar Lodge. If Dawnguard is installed, Dayspring Canyon is to the north-northeast and Fort Dawnguard to the east-northeast.
The main path to the beacon is taking the road towards Black-Briar Lodge, but instead of turning onto the path up to the lodge taking a path to the southeast a short way further along the road, you will pass a turning that takes you to Broken Helm Hollow, the path turns to the east and then north as it climbs. At the top the beacon is in front of you on the left. Outside the tower, the Vigilants have set up a makeshift kitchen, complete with a cooking spit and a nearby table holding a sliced goat cheese, three potatoes, a raw rabbit leg and joint of raw beef, also there is a satchel on the table and a knapsack beside it. A silver ore vein is located a few feet west of the cooking spit. Around the back side of the tower is a lootable skeleton, with a random sword and helmet lying next to it.
Inside the tower, the Vigilants have set up a shrine of Stendarr with their bedrolls to the left, one of which has a copy of the Restoration skill book The Exodus resting on it that you may be able to freely take. If you take the stairs to the top of the tower, you will find a large campfire and an unlocked chest containing minor loot owned by the Vigilants--being seen to take this will cause the Vigilants to become hostile.
- To the southeast, a flag can be seen flying up on the ridge. The path up the ridge has splashes of blood on the snow. At the base of the flagpole there is an apprentice locked strongbox and one or two other pieces of loot, with some human remains not far away, guarded by a frost troll. The strongbox doesn't respawn.
- At the foot of the next ridge to the east, before turning right onto the blood-stained path upward, there is a second silver ore vein on the right.
- Two iron ore veins are located east of the Beacon.
- If you want to get this location marked as "cleared", you have to kill all the Vigilants in one go. If you leave one or more alive and leave for long enough for them to despawn it will be impossible to clear it later, as the three Vigilants never respawn.
- This issue has been addressed by version 2.0.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch; the incorrectly applied clearable flag has been removed altogether.