|Unique Item: Blade of Woe (000964c9, 0009ccdc)
|Editor ID||DBBladeOfWoeAstrid and DBBladeOfWoeReward|
|Charge/Cost = Uses||500/40=12|
The Blade of Woe is a unique dagger belonging to Astrid, the leader of the only remaining Dark Brotherhood group in Skyrim. It can be received in three ways: pickpocketing from Astrid, killing Astrid during the Quest With Friends Like These..., or at the end of the quest Death Incarnate.
- The first version (
000964c9) is the one used by Astrid; the second version (
0009ccdc) is the one given to you.
- You can pickpocket the Blade of Woe from Astrid during the quest With Friends Like These... using the Misdirection perk. The blade may also be taken from Astrid using a high level disarm shout. You will then receive a second Blade of Woe at the end of Death Incarnate.
- You can also pickpocket the Blade of Woe from Astrid after hiding in the Night Mother's coffin, before you leave the sanctuary.
- The Blade of Woe is the most powerful dagger in the game, but also the slowest. Its burst damage is favorable to stealthy players, as its DPS in normal combat is inferior to other daggers.
- Myrwatch's galleryCC contains a special holder for this item.
- Unlike any other dagger, The Blade of Woe shares the same speed with swords, which makes it the slowest dagger in game.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.0 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- No materials are required for tempering the Blade of Woe. Whether or not this is a bug or intended by the developers is not known.
- This issue has been addressed by version 1.0 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch; based on the keywords that already apply to it, it now requires a steel ingot.