Project Tamriel (commonly abbreviated as PT) is a collection of collaborative fan-based modding projects working together to create all of Tamriel in Morrowind's engine, except for the Morrowind mainland and Black Marsh. The provinces are based on earlier lore and a much larger-scaled world so that they can fit seamlessly with the original game. Two major mods within Project Tamriel are currently available and in active development, Skyrim: Home of the Nords and Province: Cyrodiil, with a number of other projects in the planning stages.
- Project Hammerfell — A project in the planning stages to create Hammerfell, starting in Rihad
- High Rock 427 (HR427) — A project in the planning stages to create High Rock, starting with the easternmost Dragonfields region
- Elsweyr: Paradise Sugar — Dummy project for preliminary discussion and planning of Elsweyr
- Project Valenwood — Dummy project for preliminary discussion and planning of Valenwood
- Summerset — Dummy project for preliminary discussion and planning of Summerset Isles
- Project Tamriel encompasses all province mods west of Morrowind.
- The province mod TES3A: Abecean Isles has already developed much of Stros M'Kai and nearby islands. These areas will not be covered separately by Project Hammerfell; rather, they share lore and assets.
- The names of the Black Marsh and Elsweyr projects reference Eye of Argonia and Paradise Sugar, two canceled sequels to Redguard.
- Project Outreach was a previous project to create Elsweyr which was abandoned and has since been replaced by Elsweyr: Paradise Sugar.
Note: The overall Gridmap is infrequently updated due to its extreme size and the difficulty of syncing updates from the individual provinces. Refer to the province maps for the most recent design decisions.