|To meet our site's higher standard of quality, this article or section may require cleanup. The user who placed this here had the following concern:
May need to be updated following changes in Update 35.
To leave a message about the cleanup for this article, please add it to this article's talk page.
- Werewolf Transformation: Cost: [400 / 375 / 350 / 325] Ultimate.
Transform into a beast, fearing nearby enemies for 3 seconds. While Transformed your Max Stamina is increased by 30%. While slotted, your Stamina Recovery is increased by 15%.
- Pack Leader: Cost: 300 Ultimate.
Transform into a beast, fearing nearby enemies for 3 seconds. While transformed your Max Stamina is increased by 30%, you take 10% less damage, and you summon two direwolves. You also grant yourself and nearby allies Minor Courage, increasing their Weapon and Spell Damage by 215. While slotted, your Stamina Recovery is increased by 15%.
- Werewolf Berserker: Cost: 300 Ultimate.
CRIMINAL ACT Transform into a beast, fearing nearby enemies for 3 seconds. While transformed, your Light Attacks apply a bleed for [4800 / 4800 / 4838 / 4897] Bleed Damage over 4 seconds, your Heavy Attacks deal 50% splash damage, and your Max Stamina is increased by 30%. While slotted, your Stamina Recovery is increased by 15%.
Werewolf Transformation transforms you into a Werewolf. This transformation will cause up to 3 nearby enemies to flee in terror. Your Movement Speed, Stamina Recovery, Physical and Magical Resistance are all increased, and your light attacks have an added damage over time. While in Werewolf form, you will take increased damage from Poison. After the effect wears off, you will be unable to move for a few seconds.
Note that this skill is given to you for free upon completing the quest that turns you into a Werewolf, making it the one and only Ultimate skill that does not cost a skill point (though the morph still does). Kills earned while in Werewolf form will advance your level in the Werewolf skill line. All of the Werewolf active and passive abilities are only available while in Werewolf form, and no other active skills may be used until you transform back.
With the Pack Leader morph, you will summon two wolves to fight at your side. Or you can choose Werewolf Berserker, which increases the damage over time from your attacks.
- The Pack Leader skill changes your fur color to white, while Werewolf Berserker changes it to black with white paws.
- The Pack Leader's two direwolves appear in random variations. They can be either as ice wolves, red pit wolves, or doom wolves.
* Pack Leader:
- Reduced the ultimate cost for this ability.
- Fixed an issue where the ability could be removed earlier than intended.
* Fixed an issue where synergy prompts near you could remove your Werewolf Transformation.
- Synergies besides the Werewolf's own Devour will no longer be visible if you’re in Werewolf form.
* Negative effects, such as Disorient, will no longer affect you while transforming.
- All werewolf light attacks will now cause bleed damage.
- Fully charged heavy attacks now restore stamina.
- Werewolf tooltip now includes the bleed damage light attacks deal
- Devoured enemies will no longer display a blinking texture.
- Fixed an issue where CC break wasn't working for werewolves.
- Having the Werewolf skill line now increases your Stamina regeneration by 15% in both Human and Werewolf forms. (You do not need to have a Werewolf ability on your skill bar.)
- Fixed an issue where light attacks were getting desynced.
- Fixed an issue where light attacks were stopping werewolf ability animations from playing.
- Bleed damage on light attacks no longer has a delay, allowing you to now damage your enemy on every hit.
- Slightly increased the damage done by heavy attacks.
- Reduced the duration of the werewolf Ultimate.
- The werewolf model will now load in more smoothly the first time you transform into a werewolf.
- Reduced the cost to transform into a werewolf by 100.
- Werewolf Berserker: This ability will now deal increased bleed damage instead of increasing attack speed.
- Werewolf Transformation: Fixed an issue where killing an enemy while feared by this ability would cause the corpse to teleport forward a few meters. This ability also no longer claims ability damage is derived from just stamina.
* Werewolf Transformation now grants Spell Resistance in addition to Physical Resistance, and the bonus Physical and Spell * Resistance has been increased to 151 per level/Veteran Rank from a base of 20 per level/Veteran Rank.
- For example, a Veteran Rank 14 player character would get 9664 Physical and Spell Resistance during their transformation.
- You can now safely press the button for the werewolf ultimate repeatedly without fear of immediately reverting back to normal again.
- Removed Stamina Regeneration from Lycanthropy; it now requires Werewolf Transformation to be slotted in your ability bar.
- Reduced the poison damage you receive while in Werewolf form to 25% from 40%.
- Fixed an issue which was allowing Negate Magic to pull Werewolves out of Werewolf Form.
- Fixed an issue where heavy attacks would play twice before striking your target while in werewolf form.
- You can no longer fish or use the dye station while in werewolf form.
- Werewolves will no longer have an erroneous "Attack Speed" icon displayed on the character sheet while transformed.
* Fixed an issue where you could become stuck in the Werewolf Transformation animation when entering a Sanctuary location.
- Fixed an issue where you could become stuck in the Werewolf Transformation animation if silenced while transforming.
* Using this ability will now consistently override any active costumes.
* Fixed an issue where the fear from this ability and its morphs was not applying CC-immunity at the end of its duration.
- Pack Leader: Redesigned this morph so it now summons 2 dire wolf companions to fight by your side for the duration of your transformation. If killed, the dire wolves will return after 16/14/12/10 seconds at Ranks I/II/III/IV respectively.
- Werewolf Berserker: Updated the visuals for this morph so it now transforms you into a black-furred Werewolf with red eyes.
* Fixed an issue where some Werewolf abilities were not animating properly when weaving Light or Heavy Attacks with them.
* Fixed an issue where synergy prompts near you could remove your Werewolf Transformation.
* Improving the Werewolf gameplay and quality of life: Several abilities received significant adjustments, leveling the skill line is considerably easier, and Werewolves are now capable of doing more core combat actions such as resurrecting or using synergies.
- Developer Comments – Werewolf Changes: There were a significant number of changes made to Werewolf this update. Some of these changes were made to improve the quality of life with leveling and maintaining the form, while others open up new gameplay possibilities.
- First, you'll find leveling and maintaining your Werewolf is now considerably easier. The Devour passive is now granted automatically from the very start, so you can sustain the form better at lower levels before you've unlocked all the other skills. We've also significantly reduced the experience requirements to morph all skills.
- Second, you'll be able to do more core combat actions as a Werewolf, such as resurrecting your allies or using Synergies. Werewolves will have a much easier time engaging in group content now that they can help their friends more effectively. This, coupled with some other changes such as the Blood Rage passive triggering on damage dealt instead of damage taken, means they can be more viable in group PvE activities such as dungeons.
- Finally, many morphs and abilities were changed to improve the cohesiveness of the Werewolf kit. Some combos and effects that weren't very effective have been removed, while others were tweaked to better support the fast and ferocious playstyle of the Werewolf. As an example, we removed the stuns from Pounce and Piercing Howl, but dramatically improved Roar by making it instant cast, fear more targets, and have more competitive morph effects.
- Werewolf Transformation:
- You can now resurrect other players while transformed.
- You can now use synergy abilities while transformed. You will use a unique Werewolf-themed animation instead of the synergy's usual animation.
- You can now use Siege Weapons while transformed.
- Your Werewolf timer will no longer tick down while you are reviving in place while transformed.
- Updated the tooltip of this ability and its morphs to better describe all the additional effects of transforming.
- Fixed an issue where ranking up this ability and its morphs would transform you out of werewolf form.
- This ability and its morphs no longer increase your Movement Speed or your Spell and Physical Resistance as a baseline effect. These bonuses have been moved to passive abilities in the skill line.
- Developer Comments: These bonuses were moved to passive abilities to help reinforce the feeling of progression you get from leveling the Werewolf skill line. It also allows for extra space to add more information to the Werewolf Transformation tooltip about all the other bonuses you have while transformed, such as your Max Stamina being increased or your Heavy Attacks dealing splash damage.
- Pack Leader:
- The direwolves now scale with the bonuses from damage done.
- The direwolves now randomly alternate between 2 direct damage abilities, previously 4, and they no longer use a non-damaging snare ability.
- Fixed an issue where the direwolves would throttle their attacks against the same target. They now attack much more rapidly.
- Fixed an issue where the direwolves would not respawn with you whenever you respawned.
- All Werewolf abilities now require less experience to morph. The experience requirements to level up the Werewolf abilities now match the Weapon Skill Line abilities, and the Werewolf Transformation Ultimate experience requirement now matches Class Ultimate abilities.
- Fixed an issue where casting another ability while in the middle of a Werewolf Heavy Attack would cancel the Heavy Attack, instead of queuing the ability to cast when the Heavy Attack completed.
* Werewolf Transformation: Fixed an issue where the transformation from this ability and its morphs was being removed from you if you zoned into a new area.
- Pack Leader: Fixed an issue where using a Heavy Attack against an enemy would not cause your Direwolves to target that enemy.
* Fixed an issue where the bleed applied from Light Attacks while in Werewolf Transformation or its morphs could still trigger Enchantments.
- Fixed an issue where your character would turn invisible when transforming back into human form after jumping to a new area.
* Werewolf Bleed: Adjusted this ability and its morphs to follow our standardized Damage over Time ruleset.
- Total duration decreased to 4 seconds from 8 seconds.
- Added a 1 second delay between the initial hit and the first tick.
- Decreased the damage per tick by approximately 15% for the base and Pack Leader morph.
- Increased the damage per tick by approximately 24% for the Berserker morph.
- These abilities can no longer refresh once they are applied to a target.
- Developer Comment: Previously, a big portion of Werewolf's burst damage came from the fact that their bleed applied from their Light Attacks dealt damage immediately, and could be spammed in quick succession. This made up for the fact that immediately Light Attacking would refresh the bleed. Now with the delay, we wanted to ensure you couldn't miss the damage, so we're making sure these bleeds couldn't refresh if they were already active. In addition to this, we've noticed a large disparity of the performance between the Pack Leader and Berserker morph, and are currently in the midst of investigating a healthier balance between the two, other than merely adding more damage to one.
* Reduced the damage dealt by your Light and Heavy Attacks with this ability and its morphs by approximately 17%.
- Increased the range of the Light Attacks to 7 meters from 5 meters, and the Heavy Attacks to 10 meters from 7 meters. This was done to help preserve the same distance from standard forms, since your character size increase was not applying to the range of your abilities, causing your attacks to appear as if they lost range.
- This ability and the Pack Leader morph no longer apply a bleed to enemies hit with Light Attacks, or deal area damage with Heavy Attacks.
- Pack Leader:
- The Direwolves can no longer be targeted or die.
- Reduced the damage of the Direwolves' Gnash attack by approximately 70%, and decreased the frequency of its attack speed to 2 seconds from 1 second.
- Gnash now applies Minor Maim to enemies hit for 4 seconds.
- Reduced the damage of the Lunge attack by approximately 60%.
- Lunge will now be cast every 10 seconds, rather than have a 25% chance every 3 seconds to cast.
- Lunge will now snare enemies hit by 30% for 4 seconds.
- The Direwolves will now return to your side if you travel far enough away from them, since they are lost and confused without their leader of the pack.
- Werewolf Berserker: Increased the damage of the bleed from your Light Attacks by 25%.
- Developer Comment: The werewolf morphs were initially designed to have Pack Leader emphasized on utility, while Berserker was meant to be the offensive and raw damage choice. Due to the Direwolves' damage and attack speed, Berserker was constantly eclipsed, and Pack Leader wasn't provided much utility other than causing target complications for enemies. Now, Pack Leader allows your doggos to enfeeble your foes, while Berserker lets you rip and tear.
* Fixed many issues where this ability could persist without meeting the proper requirements.
- Werewolf Berserker (morph):
- Decreased the damage per tick of the bleed applied from this morph by approximately 36%.