- Enter the Orrery.
- Help Conservator Daraneth by activating the pillars.
- Observe the ritual and defeat the enemy.
- Imagine! The chance to see the Orrery operate.
- Conservator Daraneth is preparing Queen Ayrenn as we speak.
- What next?
- We should really head in there and get started. The ratification ceremony isn't going to perform itself, after all!
- And from what I understand, Conservator Daraneth wanted to speak with you personally.
- I'll meet Conservator Daraneth at the Orrery.
The Orrery is a solo dungeon; the entrance is located just southwest of the Elden Root guild traders, down the stone path and up the hill to the base of the trunk. As you make your way through the Orrery, you see Vicereeve Pelidil attempting to enter the main room, but forbidden by Meleras due to the possible dangers posed by the ancient device.
- Vicereeve Pelidil: Preposterous! I'm an Aldmeri vicereeve, an assistant to Prince Naemon himself. Why am I barred from the ceremony?
- Meleras: The Orrery hasn't been activated in a millennia. It might work splendidly, yes, or it might explode. But I'll speak with Daraneth if you insist on being present.
- Vicereeve Pelidil: I.... Upon consideration, I suppose I could wait by the door... to call for help should anything go wrong.
Proceed further and you will witness a conversation between Queen Ayrenn and her brother.
- Queen Ayrenn: Little brother, you shouldn't be here for this. Daraneth warned us of the dangers.
- Prince Naemon: I won't turn my back on family. My place is in your shadow, as it has always been.
- Queen Ayrenn: I know this can't be easy for you.
- Prince Naemon: On the contrary. Today the Dominion shall see why a High Elf is fit to lead all of Tamriel.
- Queen Ayrenn: I used to despise your certainty, but today it's... reassuring, oddly enough.
- Prince Naemon: Apology accepted.
- Queen Ayrenn laughs
- Azareth: I'll make sure everyone clears out, as you requested, but you don't need to be here, Your Highness.
- King Camoran: I used to sneak in here as a child and climb through the orrery's rungs. Do you think I'd pass up on the chance to see what it actually does? Have no fear, I want you at the outer door.
- Azareth: Thank you, Your Majesty. I won't let you down.
- King Camoran: You never do!
Daraneth is on the stairs across from the spinning Ayleid device. She explains that you should be the one to put the pieces in place, since you helped collect them.
- Strange to see you, after Southpoint. Not bad, just... strange. But no matter.
- I can hardly believe we're about to breathe some life into this old girl. And before you ask, yes, I'm speaking of the Orrery.
- Are you ready to begin?
- Almost. You recovered the pieces needed for the Orrery's activation, so it's only fair you're here to put them in place.
- So I should be the one to ask... are you ready?
- I'm ready.
- Good! The first thing you'll need is to take up Rajhin's Mantle. "A god's hands move the Orrery," goes the translation.
- But that's a load of boarslop. You simply need to be in three places at once. Rajhin's Mantle should allow for that.
- Is it safe? Rajhin's Mantle drove General Endare mad.
- Oh you'll be all right. That overly earnest fellow from the Mages Guild... Brelor, was it? He assured me you'd be safe if you wore it for no longer that ninety minutes.
- Or was it nine? No matter, the ceremony will take five minutes. Maybe six.
- All right. Give me Rajhin's Mantle.
- Approach the pillars beyond the Orrery itself. You must activate each in turn while keeping one thought in mind: when you wear Rajhin's Mantle, you'll never be held in place.
- From what I understand, it should do the rest.
As you head down the steps to the pillars on the opposite side of the Orrery and the nobility take their place near the brazier, you will hear Prince Naemon's opinion of the ancient device.
- Prince Naemon: So this pile of moss and rubble determines the next emperor?
- Meleras: The Orrery is ancient! Show some respect!
Queen Ayrenn is more impressed, exclaiming, It's magnificent... as she approaches, while Daraneth assures them that the preparations will take but a moment.
In order to use Rajhin's Mantle to be in three places at once, there are two pillars you must activate: the Pillar of Cen and the Pillar of Vea. Use the Mantle on the two pillars, then talk to Daraneth for further instructions.
- That's it! It's working. It's actually working!
- What next?
- Here take hold of the Heart of Anumaril. Place it in the pillar next to our royal observers. That should do it!
- Do what exactly?
- "Awaken the Orrery," whatever that truly means. But have no fear. This contrivance allows me to manipulate its energies. This means I can keep Queen Ayrenn safe when she steps inside.
- Now go, place the Heart of Anumaril! Let's see what all of the fuss is about.
Place the Heart of Anumaril in the Pillar of Welke next to the Queen, Prince Naemon and King Camoran Aeradan, and the Orrery springs to life. Three staircases emerge from the ground, and the central pillar opens to reveal platforms that connect to the staircases, while the orb begins to emit a strange purplish glow that fills the top of the room.
Once the Orrery has awoken, Prince Naemon steps forward towards the Ayleid device.
- Prince Naemon: And now the Ayleid deathtrap will tell us if we have an emperor in our midst. Truly, a momentous day!
- Queen Ayrenn: Naemon, now is not the time.
- Prince Naemon: Ayrenn, there's always time to protect you from yourself. For how could I let you risk your life in this contraption without testing it first, dear sister?
Naemon uses a spell to bind you and the other observers and enters the central pillar, but Daraneth reminds you, When you wear Rajhin's mantle, you'll never be held in place! Use Rajhin's mantle to break free and approach the Orrery. Naemon exclaims from within, It's incredible, I can see the White-Gold tower! No! What's happening to me? Argh! The powers of the Orrery overcome him, and he emerges from the Orrery transformed into an ogrim. He exclaims, No! You tricked me, sister! It's your fault! Vermin, all of you! I'll kill you all! and attacks. As you defeat him, he excalaims, The power... of the tower... is failing me.
The True Queen RevealedEdit
Queen Ayrenn appears to be in shock after you defeat Prince Naemon.
- I had little choice, Your Majesty.
- What? No, I.... Why would Naemon do this?
- I made him a part of what we were building, tried to show him this is about more than just "our people." I would have all of Tamriel be our people.
- What did the Orrery do to him?
- What the legend says. It revealed the person within.
- As it will do to me.
- What do you mean?
- Do you think I have a choice in this? I will enter the Orrery, as I swore to the people of the Aldmeri Dominion. I must learn whether I'm fit to lead them.
- And if I'm not....
- Yes, Your Majesty?
- If I'm changed, as my brother was... I can't become a danger to the people I've sworn to lead.
- Do you understand me?
- I understand, Your Majesty.
The device revealed the person within Naemon as it will do to her. She is determined to discover if she is fit to lead the Aldmeri Dominion. She enters the Ayleid device, then reappears moments later in a beam of blue-green light that fills the whole room.
- I'm... myself. Aren't I?
- It appears so, Your Majesty. What did you see in the Orrery?
- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel, beneath an Aldmeri banner. A future I hope to build.
- And you, standing at my side. Come, help me build the future.
Accept her invitation to help her build the future to receive your reward.