This article is about the person. For the book, see The Duchess of Anguish.
|Duchess of Anguish|
|Location||Halls of Torment|
120741 (Heart's Grief)
The Duchess of Anguish is a powerful Xivkyn torturer and a close ally of Molag Bal found in the Halls of Torment. She has been placed in charge of Sai Sahan's interrogation and torture, as to learn the location of the Amulet of Kings.
Skills and AbilitiesEdit
- Frozen Edge
- The enemy summons frost around its weapon, causing most attacks to deal additional frost damage.
- A basic melee attack that does minor physical damage
- Heavy Attack
- A charged melee swing that does moderate physical damage. This attack can be blocked to set the enemy off balance. If the enemy's weapon is empowered, this attack will root the player for a few seconds as well.
- Lightning Grasp
- The enemy raises its arm to call down lightning to strike the area around it, as indicated by red circles. This attack does moderate shock damage.
- Hand of Flame
- The enemy sends three fire lines towards its target dealing moderate flame damage to all opponents hit by it as indicated by red circles. This spell can be interrupted to set the enemy off balance or simply avoided.
- Xivilai's Servant
- She will summon a Daedric servant a Flame Atronach to assist her in battle. Killing her will banish the summoned daedra.
- Royal Strike
- The Duchess brings down her axe, dealing major flame damage.
Halls of TormentEdit
After defeating the Tharn Doppelganger, she drags Sai Sahan to another room to continue his interrogation.
- Duchess of Anguish: "How touching! Your friends are here to save you. Pity they arrived too late. It's time for your next round of torture. You'll enjoy this one."
As you traverse the Brimstone Steppes, her minions.
- Duchess of Anguish: "We appear to have some unwanted visitors in the Halls of Torment. Let's make them feel welcome, shall we?"
When you reach the middle of the road, she directs her attention to you.
- Duchess of Anguish: "Your friend always had the opportunity to free himself. All he needs to do is reveal the location of the Amulet of Kings, and you can all be on your merry way."
As you near the Chamber of Dark Seduction, she leaves you with a warning.
- Duchess of Anguish: "Enjoy your visit. You will never leave the Halls of Torment alive!"
After defeating the Lyris Doppelganger, she once again whisks Sai Sahan away.
- Duchess of Anguish: "Too late, once again. Come, my pet. Time for your next session!"
As you head for the exit in the Chamber of Dark Seduction, she addresses you again.
- Duchess of Anguish: "We don't get many visitors in the Halls of Torment, but there's always room for a few more … permanent residents."
When you reach the middle of the hallway, she teases you.
- Duchess of Anguish: "Such tenacity! Such ambition! Such bravery! Such a pity we're going to skin you alive and feast on your intestines!"
When you cross the bridge that passes over the lava falls:
- Duchess of Anguish: "Fools! Time is meaningless in the Halls of Torment! Whether it takes a day, or a thousand years, Sai Sahan will be broken!"
When you enter the Chamber of Agony, she tries to appeal to Sai Sahan for the information she wants.
- Duchess of Anguish: "Where is the Amulet of Kings? This can all be over if you just tell me. You can finally rest. You'd like that, wouldn't you, Sai?"
- Sai Sahan: "Have I been here two years, or two thousand years? I can no longer tell. But I will never break! Never!"
After defeating the three Varen Doppelgangers, she appears in-person to face you.
- Duchess of Anguish: "Who dares to defy the Duchess of Anguish? I will tear out your heart and make you feast upon it!"
- Duchess of Anguish: "What death do you prefer, mortal? Slow and painful, or quick and painful?"
- Duchess of Anguish: "I think I'll kill you, then resurrect you and kill you slowly―an eternity of agony. It will be glorious."
God of SchemesEdit
Within Heart's Grief, the Duchess will be imprisoned with electric shackles, as she is punished for her failure.
- "You! You did this to me!
Sai Sahan, my love … let me out, would you? I promise you an eternity of delights …."
Sai Sahan will reply to her:
- Sai Sahan: "Vile seductress! You have earned your place here!"
If you choose to set her free, she will immediately turn hostile and must be killed. She is armed with nothing but her fists.