|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Galos Mathendis (galos mathendis)|
|Home City||Sadrith Mora|
|Location||Telvanni Council House|
|Faction(s)||House Telvanni (Mouth)|
If you advance far enough in House Telvanni, he will eventually step down and return to his research.
Galos wears an extravagant robe with matching shoes and a ring of fireballs. He carries a steel staff of war along with up to 100 gold. Aside from his natural resistance to fire and the sanctuary provided by his ancestors, he knows the spells Weakness to Corpus Disease, Greater Shockball, Poisonous Touch, Paralysis, Vivec's Wrath, Ash Feast, Detect Key, Detect Creature, Frost Storm, Frost Bolt, Daedric Bite, Blightguard, Blood Despair, Recall, Mark, Dire Earwig, Cruel Noise, Golanar's Eye-Maze, Dire Weakness to Shock, Dire Weakness to Poison, Dire Weakness to Magicka, Dire Weakness to Frost, Dire Weakness to Fire, Lightning Storm, Viperbolt, Poisonbloom, Deadly Poison, Shockbloom, Distracting Touch, Wearying Touch, and Sleep.
- "I am Galos Mathendis, Mouth of Master Aryon."
- Master Aryon
- "Master Aryon is my patron. He lives in the new Telvanni city of Tel Vos."
- Tel Vos
- "Master Aryon's tower is near Vos. Take a boat to Vos and head west."
- "My patron, Master Aryon, is quite open-minded. You might ask him. If Aryon becomes your patron, I can stop being Aryon's Mouth here on the Council. Perhaps I can get some research of my own done."
When you ask Galos Mathendis about chores for the first time, he will mention that his patron wants someone to deliver a message to the reclusive Divayth Fyr:
- "Master Aryon wants a message delivered to Divayth Fyr. Would you carry this coded message?"
Accept this task by asking him about the coded message and he will give you some useful potions along with the message itself:
- coded message
- [Message from Master Aryon has been added to your inventory; 4 Potion of Water Walking has been added to your inventory; 4 Quality Potion of Swift Swim has been added to your inventory; 7 Quality Restore Health has been added to your inventory] "My patron, Master Aryon, wants this coded message delivered to Divayth Fyr. He lives in Tel Fyr. You might need some help getting there. Why not take these potions of water walking? And these potions of healing. And perhaps a few potions of swift swim as well. If Divayth Fyr responds to this message, please deliver his response back to me."
- Divayth Fyr
- "He lives in Tel Fyr. He is one of the oldest and most respected wizards in House Telvanni, though he shows an unfortunate lack of interest in politics. To get to Tel Fyr, you'll have to swim or fly southwest from Sadrith Mora. It's a long trip. Perhaps I should mark Tel Fyr on your map."
Asking him again about the coded message after he has given it to you will prompt Galos to ask you if you have delivered it yet:
- coded message
- "Has Divayth Fyr given you a response to my patron's message?"
- Yes, here it is.
- " "
- [ Reponse from Divayth Fyr has been removed from your inventory; 500 Gold has been added to your inventory] "Thank you, %PCName. I will deliver this message to my patron, Master Aryon. Please take this courier fee of 500 drakes."
- No, not yet.
- "Then deliver the message to Divayth Fyr and await an answer."
After you have delivered Divayth Fyr's response to him, you can once again ask him about the coded message, even though he has little more to say about the subject:
- coded message
- "You already delivered the message, though the response was somewhat disappointing. I do not have any more messages for you to deliver."
If you ask Galos Mathendis for more work after completing the first chore that he has available for you, he will ask you to deliver some Cure Blight potions to Tel Vos:
- "The Telvanni Apothecary in Tel Vos is running out of Cure Blight potions. Since my patron, Master Aryon, is responsible for Tel Vos in a sense, he has asked me to find someone to deliver a Cure Blight potion."
- Cure Blight
- "Andil in Tel Vos is the apothecary you should speak with. Get three potions of cure blight and deliver them to Andil. You'll have to buy them from one of the vendors. Andil does not accept homemade potions."
Return to him after you have finished your task to complete the quest and to receive your payment:
- "Did you deliver the Cure Blight potions?"
- Cure Blight
- [500 Gold has been added to your inventory] "Andil notified me that he was satisfied with the potions you brought him. Please take these 500 drakes with thanks from my patron, Master Aryon."
- "You already delivered some potions of Cure Blight to Andil."
For the third and final task that Galos has to offer to you, you will need to obtain a Daedra skin and deliver it to Master Aryon himself, in Tel Vos:
- "Master Aryon wants me to bring him a Daedra skin."
- Daedra Skin
- "The skins of many kinds of Daedra can be recovered from Daedra who have recently been returned to Oblivion, but whose bodies remain here for a time. Alchemists will often sell Daedra skin as well. When you get the Daedra skin, please deliver it to Master Aryon in Tel Vos directly."
If you speak with him again after accepting this quest, he will ask you whether you have completed it yet:
- "Did you deliver the Daedra skin to Master Aryon?"
Should you have a Daedra skin in your inventory while the quest is still active, he will ask you to deliver it to Aryon if you mention the object to him:
- Daedra skin
- "I see you have a Daedra skin. Please take it to Master Aryon in Tel Vos."
And finally, speaking with him about Daedra skins after you have completed the quest will prompt him to tell you that Aryon was happy with the Daedra skin that you delivered to him:
- Daedra Skin
- "Master Aryon was pleased with the Daedra skin you brought him."
From this point onwards, Galos has no more chores for you, and will thus suggest that you speak with the other Mouths or, if you are of a sufficiently high rank in House Telvanni, with Aryon in order to receive more tasks:
- [If you are a Mouth or higher in House Telvanni.] "I do not have any more chores for you. Check with the other Mouths and with my patron, Master Aryon."
- [Else.] "I do not have any chores for one of your rank. Check with the other Mouths."