Spider Daedra (also called Perthan) are semi-intelligent Daedra who appear as giant spiders with armored carapaces and humanoid torsos. They are associated with Mephala, though they can be seen serving other Princes, such as Molag Bal. Spider Daedra are capable of speech, and some are willing to engage in relatively peaceable conversation with mortals.
They are so fierce, unruly and irrational that not even Mephala's worshipers can trust them, as they may not heed the Spinner's commands. Due to their disobedient and willful reputation, many sorcerers in Morrowind are unwilling to summon them. They are unstable, oversexed, overstimulated, excitable, high strung, and keeping them focused and on-topic in conversation is a difficult task. They are some of the more powerful Daedra, with formidable melee and spellcasting abilities. They can spin webs, spit poison and cast powerful storm spells. They can summon spiderlings to aid them in battle. They weave cocoons to ensnare mortals. These cocoons are so resilient that they can only be broken from the outside.
- Perthan Vorn's appearance in Battlespire
- Varieties of Daedra — Aranea Drethan
- Darkest Darkness
- Lady Malygda and the Lady of the Depths's allegiance to Molag Bal in ESO
- Anexiel's dialogue in ESO
- Naluroen's dialogue during Crawling Chaos in ESO
- Battlespire concept art description
- Spider Daedra abilities in ESO
- The Lady of the Depths' abilities in ESO
- Ruzozuzalpamaz's abilities in ESO