|This page is currently being redesigned for the Lore Places Project (LPP).
The page may need work to meet the standards outlined on the project page.
The Elden Grove, or Eldengrove, is a legendary forest known among the Bosmer as the birthplace of the sacred First Tree. This First Tree then gave life to all the forests of Tamriel. Its exact location has been a closely guarded secret, but it is known to be somewhere in western Valenwood. It was one of the places where Jagar Tharn hid a piece of the Staff of Chaos. The grove has been described as "misty" and "labyrinthian".
The Heart of Valenwood in Hectahame is implied to be the home of the sacred First Tree, as it contains the physical embodiment of the soul of Valenwood. The Ayleids at Elden Root built their city of Elden Hollow in and around what is called the Elden Tree or the First Tree, believed by many to be the tree that seeded all of Valenwood. The city of Falinesti occupies the boughs and bole of a great walking Elden Tree, possibly the original Elden Tree from which all other graht-oaks are derived. The magic involved in the creation of the tree and the city were from before the dawn of recorded history.
- According to a file from that stage of development left behind in the final game of Arena, Elden Root is described as the center of the Elden Grove.[UOL 1]
- For game-specific information, see the Arena quest article.
- Ria Silmane's dialogue in Arena.
- Events of Arena
- A Hypothetical Treachery — Anthil Morvir
- Heart of Valenwood — Beredalmo the Signifier
- Ayleid Cities of Valenwood — Homfrey
- The description of Halls of Ichor in ESO
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition: Aldmeri Dominion — Imperial Geographical Society, 2E 864
Note: the following references are not from official sources. They are included to provide a rounder background to this article, but may not reflect established lore.
- Original TES: Arena texts at The Imperial Library