- Talk to the quest giver at a Thieves Guild hall.
- Head to the specified town.
- Enter the building named by the quest giver.
- Find and pick up the herb you have come for.
- Make your escape.
- Return to the quest giver within the time limit and collect your reward.
Speak to the quest giver, who says:
- "(Quest giver's name) is my name. This one is a little touchy, (player's first name). I have (random gold) gold for you if you will steal some (herb) for me. I assume you know what (herb) is? It's a highly addictive herb. Do you want the job?
The quest giver goes on:
- "Go to (town). Find (residence). Steal the (herb). Bring it back within (time limit) days, and you'll get paid."
The quest giver answers:
- "If word leaks out of this job, you know who I'll come looking for (player's name)."
Stealing the StashEdit
Head to the town where the burglary is to take place. Ask around to locate the residence, then enter it. Depending on the type of the residence and the time of the day, the building may be unlocked. However, it is best to be prepared to pick (or otherwise bypass) the door's lock. Find the herb within, grab it, and make your escape. Upon leaving the building, there may be a guardian waiting for you at the entrance door, either a battlemage, an iron atronach, a daedra seducer or a werewolf. Kill it and return to the Thieves Guild.
When you return to the quest giver and give him the herb, he will say:
- "Just slip them into my pocket. Good. I don't think anyone saw you do it. Here's your (random gold) gold, (player's name)."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables.)
Any of the following:
- Battlemage (10% chance)
- Iron Atronach (10% chance)
- Daedra Seducer (10% chance)
- Werewolf (10% chance)
- This quest is similar to both The Rich Merchant and A Treasured Potion, but in this case the location of the burglary is a house.
- If you keep the drug, it will remain in your inventory and won't vanish once the quest is over, as is usually the case for quest items. Keeping the drug will cost you no additional reputation, only a failed quest.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Everyone's wondering where the (herb) trade in (town) is coming from."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "There was a (herb) dealer living in (residence) in (town) but he's moved."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Residence) in (town) was robbed, but the owner isn't going to the magistrate."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Just be casual, (player's first name). The (herb) deal is still hot in the air."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "(Oath), (player's first name). I thought I could trust you to get me that (herb). Apparently, if you want a job done right, kill the (player's race) involved first. Go to Oblivion, kid."
|A Prized Herb (o0b2xy08)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Quest giver's name) of the Thieves Guild in (guild town) will pay me to steal some (herb) from (residence) in (town). I have to get back to him in (time limit) days for my money.|