- Talk to the quest giver at a Thieves Guild hall.
- Head to the town which was mentioned to you.
- Enter the building which was mentioned to you.
- Find and pick up the item you have come for.
- Make your escape.
- Return to the questgiver and collect your reward.
- Be sure to follow the time limit.
The Merchant's MerchandiseEdit
Speak to the quest giver, who says:
- "You can call me (quest giver's name). I have wind of some (rare item) that some pig of a merchant just bought. I want to you pinch it an bring it here. I'll pay you (random gold) gold. Are you interested?"
The quest giver goes on:
- "In (town) go to (building). It shouldn't be too tough to find the (rare item). Get it back to me in (time limit) days, and I'll pay you. No questions? Good."
The quest giver answers:
- "Move along (player's name). I need to find a thief worthy of the name."
Pilfering the MerchantEdit
Head to the town where the Merchant does business. Ask around to find the correct shop and enter it. If you attempt to enter while the shop is closed, you will need to deal with the door being locked, so be prepared. The item will often be a pearl or chunk of ivory, find it within and grab it. Make your escape, but beware as you leave the building, as there may be a guard waiting for you at the entrance door, either a battlemage, an iron atronach, a daedra seducer or a werewolf. Kill the guard and return to the Thieves Guild.
When you give the stolen item to the quest giver he will say:
- "Oh ho! This shipment is better than I had thought. Here's your (random gold) gold (player's name). Don't spend it all on drink or vice."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables.)
Any of the following:
- Battlemage (10% chance)
- Iron Atronach (10% chance)
- Daedra Seducer (10% chance)
- Werewolf (10% chance)
- This quest is similar to both A Prized Herb and A Treasured Potion, but in this case the location of the burglary is a general store.
- If you keep the loot, it will remain in your inventory and won't vanish once the quest is over, as is usually the case for quest items. Keeping the loot will cost you no additional reputation, only a failed quest.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "A new shipment of (rare item) came into (town). No one knows exactly where."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Someone must've found the (rare item) in (town). They're shipping it out again."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Turns out where they were keeping the (rare item) was robbed the other day."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Now, you ain't spending that gold on drink or vice, are you, (player's first name)?"
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "What do you want? I told you where to find the (rare item), but you diddled around until it didn't do no one no good. Just get out, (player's first name). Yer giving me a headache."
|The Rich Merchant (o0b2xy09)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Quest giver's name) of the Thieves Guild has hired me to steal some (rare item) from (general store) in (town). I have to get it back to (guild) in (guild town) in (time limit) days for my payment.|