Skyrim: Xbox< Skyrim
The purpose of this page is to document some aspects of Skyrim that are specific to the Xbox 360 version of the game. The vast majority of gameplay is identical on all platforms (PC, Xbox 360, or PS3): the quests are the same, the glitches are the same with exception to lag issues being less prevalent on PC. One difference during gameplay is that reaching certain milestones will unlock achievements; these are listed at Xbox 360 Achievements.
Missing PC FeaturesEdit
Some of the PC features that are not available on the Xbox 360 are:
- The console. This means that in many cases bug fixes that are used by PC players are not available to Xbox 360 players. It also means that most cheats and exploits are not available. However, with certain techniques, Xbox save files can be accessed on PC and the console can be used.
- The Creation Kit. The Creation Kit does not directly affect game play; rather it allows the game files to be viewed and edited. A lot of the information on the Wiki is derived from the Creation Kit, because it allows the factors controlling game play to be easily identified.
- Mods other than official add-ons cannot be installed due to security features that prevent modification of the Xbox 360.
Although the keyboard and Xbox controller clearly provide very different methods of interacting with the game, most of the controls work the same way. Some differences, however, include:
- On the Xbox 360 there is no way to toggle Automove.
- Walking vs running is controlled by how far forward you push the left thumbstick. Slight motions of the thumbstick will cause your character to walk; pushing the thumbstick as far as it will go will cause your character to run. (This is most obvious if you use third-person view).
- The Quick Save and Quick Load shortcuts, as well as a number of other shortcuts only available on the PC, are only available via Kinect; without Kinect, save and load are only accessible through the Menu options, though "waiting" and cancelling before any time has passed will quickly autosave if you have the option set to autosave on wait.
Unofficial mods cannot be played on an unmodified Xbox 360 or PS3. While it is possible to access the Xbox 360 with some programs, it is not possible to add mods since doing so would require creating an Xbox 360 container file, which is only possible if you know the encryption method and private key used to generate the hashed security certificates.
Using Xbox 360 Downloadable Content While OfflineEdit
You may find that if you are using a different console than the one you originally downloaded the add-ons on, you will be unable to use them when playing while offline. This is because the licenses for the add-ons are associated with your old console and need to be migrated to your new one. To rectify this and be able to use the content offline visit www.xbox.com and follow the "license transfer" process in the support section.