Mods (short for modifications) are add-ons or other software created by third parties to alter The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
What Goes HereEdit
- For policies and guidelines on documenting mods, see UESPWiki:Mod.
- Beyond Skyrim — A massive multi-team mod project to complete the majority of Tamriel and several other lands
- SKSE — A third-party utility which greatly extends the capabilities of Skyrim's scripting virtual machine, and a prerequisite to many other mods. Note that this does not work with the Microsoft Store or Gamepass of Skyrim
- Skyblivion — Oblivion recreated to modern standards in the Skyrim Special Edition engine
- Skywind — Morrowind recreated to modern standards in the Skyrim Special Edition engine
- Unofficial Skyrim Patch — Major mod started by Quarn and Kivan that fixes numerous bugs
Officially Monetized ModsEdit
Bethesda has at various points offered mod creators a platform to sell Skyrim mods via official channels:
- Paid Mods — An attempt to introduce paid mods for Skyrim via Steam in April 2015
- Verified Creations — Paid mods available via the in-game Creations menu for Skyrim Special Edition since December 2023