|Unique Item: Notched Pickaxe (001019d4)
|Type||One-handed War Axe|
|Charge/Cost = Uses||500/11=45|
The Notched Pickaxe is a special pickaxe found stuck into the peak of the Throat of the World. It has the unique enchantment Smithing Expertise, which boosts the Smithing skill while it is equipped, and does five points of shock damage when it is used as a weapon. Tempering the Notched Pickaxe requires an iron ingot and the Arcane Blacksmith perk.
- Strangely, the editor ID for this item is "dunVolunruudPickaxe", suggesting it originally had some connection to Volunruud.
- This pickaxe was named after the creator of Minecraft, "Notch".
- There is an ebony ore vein behind the pickaxe.
- Despite being a unique item, the Notched Pickaxe can be disenchanted.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.3.3 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- The enchantment on the Notched Pickaxe restores damage to your Smithing skill rather than enhancing it.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.0 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- For unknown reasons, the pickaxe may be missing when you reach the peak of the Throat of the World.