|Your Voice lashes out at a dragon's very soul, forcing the beast to land.
|Joor Zah Frul
Dragonrend is a dragon shout that weakens a dragon and forces it to land. It is said to do so by forcing a dragon to experience mortality, a completely foreign concept to the ageless and immortal dragons. For this very reason, it is impossible for any dragon to learn Dragonrend.
- In addition to rendering a dragon unable to fly, they will stagger from this Shout even if one Word of Power is used. This makes it additionally useful for "stun-locking" the dragon after it lands, exploiting the quick cool-down compared to other Shouts.
- The third word of this shout provides a slightly shorter period of time in which a dragon will be grounded relative to the cooldown. The first and second word version provide 1.5 seconds of time in which a dragon will be grounded for each second spent recharging your shout. However, the third word only provides 1.46 seconds of time a dragon will be grounded for each second spent recharging after using the shout.
- Dragonrend has no effect on NPCs and non-dragon creatures, and will not turn them hostile or cause a bounty. You will receive a notification of "[NPC or creature name] resisted Dragonrend]" if you use it on non-Dragon targets.
- This shout is one of the most visually impressive, causing the entire screen to turn shades of blue for a few seconds when used.
- If there is no valid landing location nearby, a dragon will fly away from the player as it looks for a usable landing location, potentially ending the battle by flying far enough away.