|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Speak with Sorine Jurard.
- Travel to the target location.
- Retrieve the requested schematics.
- Return to Sorine.
Find the SchematicEdit
Speak to Sorine Jurard in Fort Dawnguard and ask 'What can I do to help?' to receive this quest. She will then instruct you to travel to a random Dwarven ruin or bandit hideout (this includes locations added by Dragonborn) and retrieve the Dwemer schematic specifying a new crossbow design. The schematics will be located in the boss level chest in the location. If it is a bandit area, the note Dwarven Haul will be found in the chest as well. Once you have the schematic in your inventory, return to Sorine to receive a minor reward. She will also teach you how to craft the new crossbow at a forge with the proper perks (e.g. Steel Smithing for the standard crossbow that all members of the Dawnguard carry).
This quest can be completed six times. She will give you random enchanted items each time. The first time, you get the schematics for an Enhanced Crossbow, then the schematics for the Exploding Steel Bolt of Fire, Ice and Shock. The Enhanced Crossbow can be created at a forge with two corundum ingots and a normal crossbow. The bolts can be created in lots of ten by using normal bolts combined with Fire, Frost, and Void Salts, respectively. After the bolts, she will send you to find the schematics for a Dwarven Crossbow. Returning it to her will unlock the ability to create Dwarven Crossbows with 5 Dwarven Metal Ingots and the Dwarven Smithing perk as well as Dwarven Bolts with a piece of firewood and a Dwarven Metal Ingot. She will also begin selling Exploding Dwarven Bolts of Fire, Ice, and Shock, and teaches you how to make them with 10 Dwarven Bolts and the respective salts. The last stage of this quest is to find the schematics for the Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow. Giving her the schematics will allow her to sell the Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow and let you make it.
- This quest is not available if you sided with the Volkihar, or if you are currently a vampire.
- With the Dragonborn add-on, if the item happens to be found on Solstheim, there will be no quest marker. Travelling to Solstheim will make the marker appear in the relevant location.
- The rewards of this quest may trigger Calcelmo's quest Buy Dwarven artifact.
- If you advance in the Dawnguard questline the quest marker may disappear off of the radiant location where the schematics are located. The quest marker will instead be back over Sorine's head and will remain there.
- If you have the Dragonborn add-on, head to Solstheim and activate the quest. This may resolve the issue.[verification needed — Does this work for others? Worked for 1 other; failed for 1 other]
- Rarely, after obtaining the first several upgrades, you will not be presented with the option to repeat the quest and retrieve further schematics. This may be caused by starting the quest Kindred Judgment.
Set DLC1TechXbowBoltsExplodingFireChanceNone to 0 Set DLC1TechXbowBoltsExplodingIceChanceNone to 0 Set DLC1TechXbowBoltsExplodingShockChanceNone to 0 Set DLC1TechXbowDwarvenChanceNone to 0 Set DLC1TechXbowDwarvenEnhancedChanceNone to 0
- You can get stuck with the "Help Sorine with her project to improve the crossbow" and the dialogue item "What can I do to help?" that gives the "Ancient Technology" doesn't appear on Sorine.
- Sorine may request that you retrieve a recipe again. For example the Enhanced Crossbow Schematic from Broken Helm Hollow and then later from Hrodulf's House. Simply get the item again although it results in no new smithing capacity.
|Ancient Technology (DLC1RH05)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||Sorine Jurard has sent me to retrieve the <Alias=Item> from <Alias=Dungeon>. She will be able to use it to master new technology to provide to the Dawnguard members.
Objective 10: Retrieve the <Alias=Item> from <Alias=Dungeon>
Objective 100: Return to Sorine Jurard
|255||Sorine Jurard sent me to retrieve the <Alias=Item> from <Alias=Dungeon>. She will be able to use it to master new technology to provide to the Dawnguard members.|